43 replies to this topic

#1 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 16 May 2007 - 04:30 AM

The lever part of the small petcock drain valve for the fresh water tank on our '04 Hawk snapped off. I have temporarily carved a piece of wood to slip over what is left and operate the valve, but would like to replace or upgrade the original. The unit is simple to unscrew from the frame of the camper but I have not been able to find a replacement on the internet. Anyone know of a source for these?

#2 benburnett

benburnett

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:04 AM

Ted,

The current one that we use is an Aqua Pro #27993. You should be able to find it at just about any RV store or Camping World. This pet cock screws directly into the water tank on the bottom.

I don't know if your camper has the same on in it. They may have changed that over the years.

The one that I gave you the number for has a 3/8" male nipple that screws into the fitting on the water tank through the bottom side of the camper.
Sincerely,

Ben

www.bsbinstitute.com

email: benbntt@gmail.com

#3 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 16 May 2007 - 04:36 PM

After spending a half hour at my local Do It Best hardware store I found a suitable replacement with a barbed end. Its actually much better than the original but it was a bit ($9.00) pricey. It was worth it because we were leaving in the morning for the Kofas. Maybe Tom can take a picture and post it here.....Tom?

Jay

#4 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 16 May 2007 - 06:15 PM

Thanks guys. I beleive the valve NCF pictured is the same design in both photos, just mounted in different locations. Woodland is less than an hour away for me, so I will go through the factory for now. But I like the idea of upgrading as Jay mentioned. Will have to check some of the hardware stores around here.

Ted

#5 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,771 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:07 PM

Hi Ted,

Here is a picture from an catalog.

Attached Thumbnails

• GO-RV com - RV On-line Catalog.jpg

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#6 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:09 PM

Ted I see you are in Rocklin, Camping World is right there, take a trip with your old one and they should have one for you. If not most RV stores have them.

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#7 EdoHart

EdoHart

Grasshopper

• Members
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationSanta Maria, CA

Posted 17 May 2007 - 01:39 AM

I was planning to post these pictures soon anyway. This is what I did when my drain petcock broke.

I found the elbow, compression fittings, hose and petcock at a motor home dealer with a good parts department.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2007-05-16 17-10-15_0001s.jpg
  • 2007-05-16 17-10-28_0002s.jpg

#8 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:25 AM

Ed that is a good set up and it is about the same way as the Eagle model on a Toyota Tundra. But beware that it will freeze if you camp out with low tempatures.

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#9 Hayduke

Hayduke

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationCentral Coast California

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:37 AM

Ed, what's the steel grid on the back of your camper? Is that a fold up hitch mounted cargo carrier? Just wondering.
Hayduke

#10 EdoHart

EdoHart

Grasshopper

• Members
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationSanta Maria, CA

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:39 AM

Very good point! Thanks for pointing that out to me. I normally go to the desert, but these campers are so versatile and comfortable I have been thinking about some high country adventures. At least I bought an extra petcock with which I should be able to replace my current setup without too much trouble. I have also thought that the sun may degrade the parts in a few short years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users