225 replies to this topic

#131 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,591 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:43 AM

Peets has 'em right on the shelf in their stores.

I think we have 8 Peet's in Oregon.

I am haunted by waters

#132 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,339 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:57 AM

I think we have 8 Peet's in Oregon.

Makes me remember the good old days when we made an annual pilgrimage to Berkeley - Peets, REI, North Face Outlet.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#133 sliderock

sliderock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:11 AM

French press and drip cone is my choice for car camping. I will use instant when I am hiking and I found the Nescafe to be the choice of freeze dried. Has anyone tried that Starbucks instant?

Via. Ya, that stuff is great! Best instant coffee there is.

#134 kmcintyre

kmcintyre

• Members
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:14 AM

I remember the North Face Outlet in Berkeley.  Had some great deals in the day.

I like the Starbuck's via packets.  The only issue is the packaging but I'll carry it out for a decent cup of coffee on a backpack trip.  In the camper it's French press all the way. 

Boise, ID

2022 Chevy 3500 HD

2023 FWC Flatbed Hawk

#135 deethe

deethe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationMid-South

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:03 PM

GSI Java Press with an AllClad teapot, I do have a 120V Mr Coffee but I have been using that to heat my mustache wax for grooming.

2014 FWC Hawk powered by a 2006 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 4WD

#136 DevonOjas

DevonOjas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:09 PM

I just discovered this thread and it's too long to read in entirety. Sorry if either of these are redundant, but I have two products that I'd like to recommend to save space and/or money. 

I love AeroPress and pour over drip coffee. If you're using an AeroPress you can save a little bit of space and money by replacing your paper filters with an Able Stainless Steel Filter. You'll never have to restock again:

http://www.amazon.co...o/dp/B00E58P7ME

In my camping setup I want something a little smaller than an AeroPress. I think that the most space efficient option that I've come across is the Snow Peak Collapsable Pour Over Coffee Dripper:

http://snowpeak.com/...riant=671115025

I hope that these are helpful to some of you.

#137 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,022 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:19 PM

Serious lack of dedication there. This thread is short compared to our shock lifter thingys thread :)

Problem with reusable filters is all the cleaning they require. I'm trying to make things easy in the camper, not harder.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#138 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:40 PM

Serious lack of dedication there. This thread is short compared to our shock lifter thingys thread :)

Problem with reusable filters is all the cleaning they require. I'm trying to make things easy in the camper, not harder.

Hey, give DevonOjas a break, Craig!  What new member would think that there could be 136 relevant replies on coffee makers on a camping/camper forum....?

Especially since everybody knows that the only real way to make coffee while camping is cowboy/hobo style:  Dump a gallon of water and a pound of coffee in a bucket, set it on the campfire, and wait until it's thick enough.

The only simpler way is to just pack a good pinch of coffee between your cheek and gum and you're set to ride the range.

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#139 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,022 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:13 AM

Oh yeah, Welcome to WTW  DevonOjas. We do have our folks that get carried away. I would like to try (not going to do it myself of course) coffee after its been freshly roasted and ground up in the mountains somewhere.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#140 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,591 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:42 AM

Hey, give DevonOjas a break, Craig!  What new member would think that there could be 136 relevant replies on coffee makers on a camping/camper forum....?
Especially since everybody knows that the only real way to make coffee while camping is cowboy/hobo style:  Dump a gallon of water and a pound of coffee in a bucket, set it on the campfire, and wait until it's thick enough.

The only simpler way is to just back a good pinch of coffee between your cheek and gum and you're set to ride the range.

Mark, first, coffee is serious business. A thread on coffee needs to be read! Second, you forgot the egg & shell in the cowboy coffee. Two weeks in the electric chair for that!

I am haunted by waters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users