• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#11 simimike

simimike

• Members
  • 860 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley Ca.

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:20 AM

I'm really impressed! Very good design and well built. The flat bed allows for some innovative ideas. ATC did a good job making your dream a reality.

Mike

#12 Mark W. Ingalls

Mark W. Ingalls

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:09 PM

Many innovations. Great to see it realized!

#13 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:00 PM

Where is the Porta-Pot?

#14 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,555 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:00 PM

Very cool DD. Props to Marty on the sink in a drawer solution!

Why is the floor built up under the dinette? Isn't just to sink the table leg holder in is it?

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#15 Dughlas Stiubhart

Dughlas Stiubhart

It's good to be Stew

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationSE CO

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:47 PM

Very cool custom camper from the All Terrain Camper boys! Now I want one.

Stew

2007 Custom All Terrain Camper Panther Shell on 2012 Toyota Tundra 4x4 in SE CO

#16 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:30 PM

Very clever, seems like you have all the bases covered. That internal/external storage is brilliant, that's a lot of space. Congrats. Look forward to more pics of it in the field.

Sunman
2003 Four Wheel Camper -Hawk

2023 All Terrain Camper - Panther 
2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD
2017 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD

#17 natjwest

natjwest

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationPortland Orygun

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:48 PM

Need some padding on the cabinet back for lounging in the dinette.

Does the bed not pull out? Planning on staying single forever?

I'd put my mountain bike in a hanger like that, but some guys I ride with would never let it get suspended in by the front wheel for fear of stressing the rim. I wonder where you got that idea?
FWC-Owning Human

#18 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:06 AM

That is brilliant!

How does the plumbing work?

I have no idea. Magic as far as I know :lol:

Where is the Porta-Pot?

Not a feature I am interested in.

Very cool DD. Props to Marty on the sink in a drawer solution!

Why is the floor built up under the dinette? Isn't just to sink the table leg holder in is it?

Two reasons: the bench seats were constructed with dimensions to allow a certain size storage box to be put into them via the outside hatches. This makes the seats taller than normal. The dinette floor both allows for an inset table stand holder and it raises the floor to a more comfortable position for the user. We are both around 6ft I think anyone shorter would want a taller floor in the dinette than mine.

Need some padding on the cabinet back for lounging in the dinette.

Does the bed not pull out? Planning on staying single forever?

I'd put my mountain bike in a hanger like that, but some guys I ride with would never let it get suspended in by the front wheel for fear of stressing the rim. I wonder where you got that idea?

Yes the boss already pointed out about the padded back I may do that with velcro at some point. I debated on the pull out bed. On this design it would be added on a non-standard way due to the position of the side window which would interfere in the normal slide-out position. However since my GF camps with me on average one or two nights a year I don't know if I want it at all.

The verdict is still out on the bike rack. I made the wheel loops removable and the bolt pattern the same as a standard Yakima fork block so I can change those out if I want.

#19 natjwest

natjwest

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationPortland Orygun

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:16 AM

The verdict is still out on the bike rack. I made the wheel loops removable and the bolt pattern the same as a standard Yakima fork block so I can change those out if I want.

Okay keep us posted on that and the other camper systems. I bought a top-tube hangy-style bike rack which I use on the camper to good effect, although I should have sprung for the platform style. Hanging them off the back wall in some fashion is a great idea since you don't have a back door.
FWC-Owning Human

#20 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,338 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:44 AM

Nice looking and well thought out camper there, DD. Hope it gives you years of good service and takes you to some really nice places.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users