20 replies to this topic

#1 Stan@FourWheel

Stan@FourWheel

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:02 AM

Hello WTW

Four Wheel Campers will have campers on display this week & weekend at Cal Expo in Sacramento, California.

The trade show is called the International Sportsman's Exposition.

It is being held at Cal Expo California State Fairgrounds in Sacramento.

We have the Eagle Model, Hawk Model, Grandby Model, and the . . .

ALL NEW "self-contained" Fleet Model on display at the show.

Here are the show details ...

International Sportsmen's Exposition

Jan. 19th - 22nd

Cal Expo State Fairgrounds

1600 Exposition Blvd.

Sacramento, CA 95815

Show Hours are ...

Thursday 11:00am - 8:00pm

Friday 11:00am - 8:00pm

Saturday 10:00am - 7:00pm

Sunday 10:00am - 5:00pm

Please call us if you have any questions regarding our pop-up campers or the show this week / weekend.

We would be glad to help in any way we can.

Happy Camping !

PICTURES TO FOLLOW SOON

:)

Stan Kennedy --- Four Wheel Pop-up Campers
1400 Churchill Downs Avenue, Suite A

Woodland, CA 95776
(800) 242-1442 or (530) 666-1442
www.fourwh.com  ---  e-mail = stan@fourwh.com

#2 DonC

DonC

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationBiahop

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:22 AM

Stan - what is the all new Fleet model?

Don C

2012 FWC Fleet on a 2006 Tundra AC TRD 4 x 4

http://www.dchambersphotography.com/

#3 Stan@FourWheel

Stan@FourWheel

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:27 PM

Picture.

We got pictures !

:)

Click on this link to see the photo gallery ...

https://picasaweb.go...CIjwlYuz9Y_SXg#

"NEW" self-contained Fleet Model

Stan Kennedy --- Four Wheel Pop-up Campers
1400 Churchill Downs Avenue, Suite A

Woodland, CA 95776
(800) 242-1442 or (530) 666-1442
www.fourwh.com  ---  e-mail = stan@fourwh.com

#4 ersatzknarf

ersatzknarf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:31 PM

Wow ! Very nice. A Fleet with a cassette potty. The new layout looks very nice, too. Excellent job ! ! !
Cheers, Frank ______________ "airsotts-narf" Save a Life, Adopt : http://www.pawsofmichigan.com/

#5 DonC

DonC

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationBiahop

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:22 AM

Holy smokes, I like it. I am on the verge of ordering a Fleet after two trips to Sacramento, and this is totally new. I wish it was shown to me. I don't like the porta potty area, would want to turn that into storage, but other than that, I like it much better than the dinette layout.

Will this be shown in Long Beach in early March?

Don C

2012 FWC Fleet on a 2006 Tundra AC TRD 4 x 4

http://www.dchambersphotography.com/

#6 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,340 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:45 AM

Stan, we were planning on making a trip down to the show today, checking out your display and new campers, and saying hello. We woke up to snow coming down this morning and after such a long dry spell, staying at home, close to the heat stove and watching it snow won out. Maybe next time. Hope it went well for you.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#7 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:19 PM

Hi Stan,

For kicks and grins about two years ago I drew up a custom layout I would build if we ever gutted our camper and started over. This new layout is almost identical to what I had drawn, so naturally I like it. One question, though. Is it possible to raise the two dinette windows about six inches to allow visibility while the dinette is being used? It is nice to have some window space besides out the top. If not, I recall some very small windows above the cabinets in a custom camper a while back. I think it was to be used for some mobile lab or something like that. Maybe a couple of those windows could be installed.

My two cents worth. Ted

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#8 JBahr

JBahr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:52 PM

Is it possible to raise the two dinette windows about six inches to allow visibility while the dinette is being used?

I will answer this one for Stan...No, there isn't any room to move the windows up, nor is there any room for the smaller window that you are speaking of. We understand that if two people are using the dinette you will not be able to see out the lower windows, but since you will be involved in conversation (at least we hope you would be) with the person sitting across from you, it shouldn't be a loss. Now if you are dining alone you can completely remove the cushion in front of the opposite window and have full access to view.

Jason Bahr
Staff Project Designer
Four Wheel Campers

Jason Bahr  "Former" Design Engineer Four Wheel Campers, Inc.

#9 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:36 AM

Ted,

The structural members (a 4" channel & a another square or rectangular section I think) forming the cantilever for the cab over run the entire length of the camper. So no room above the window. Good idea though.
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#10 Spitfire

Spitfire

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:37 AM

I will answer this one for Stan...No, there isn't any room to move the windows up, nor is there any room for the smaller window that you are speaking of. We understand that if two people are using the dinette you will not be able to see out the lower windows, but since you will be involved in conversation (at least we hope you would be) with the person sitting across from you, it shouldn't be a loss. Now if you are dining alone you can completely remove the cushion in front of the opposite window and have full access to view.

Jason Bahr
Staff Project Designer
Four Wheel Campers

Will this layout be available on your other campers? Is there a grey water storage tank for the shower (and sink)? Extra cost for this layout?
2011 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 2013 FWC Hawk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users