23 replies to this topic

#11 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 04 October 2007 - 04:27 PM

UG,

Very nice work, looks clean and professional. I have the same problem with the license plate when I have the tailgate/back porch down. I'd love to have a third plate but I'm not sure it's allowed. I've tried contacting DMV about it but so far I haven't gotten past the automated phone system. Man do I hate those things.
Best of Luck and Enjoy.
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#12 jimjxsn

jimjxsn

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationRoxborough Park or Buena Vista CO

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:27 PM

What about using a magnetic license plate mount so you can switch between the truck and box/rack?

Attached Thumbnails

• cba360.gif
  • 0245_p.jpg

~Jim
2000 Tundra AC- 2000 FWC Ranger

2017 Tundra DC - 2017 ATC Panther

#13 Alex

Alex

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:32 PM

Sounds like next Wendsday is you departure then. I hope to have the awning caps in by the end of this week and will send them out to you as soon as they arrive. Should be there before you leave.

Ben,
Is there reinforcement on the camper shell behind the jerry can holder?? I want to be able to do that.:D

Alex

#14 Uncle Grumpy

Uncle Grumpy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:48 PM

In planning for the placement of the fuel jug holder I had ATC reinforce that part of the wall with extra aluminum and there is a large fender washer backing it up inside.

What about using a magnetic license plate mount so you can switch between the truck and box/rack?

Runnin' 4 screws in and out only takes a minute or two.........
And the box is wood.............

#15 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 11:28 PM

Jim,

Thanks for the suggestion, just how does that system work and is it strong enough to take an off road beating?
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#16 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:27 PM

uncle g, that is looking sweet! nice work, functional, clean, really like the jerry can mount. can't wait to see some pics of it out in the bush! thanks for posting!

Erod 2002 Tacoma, TRD supercharger, exhaust, headers, URD 3.4L 5VZ-FE Toyota Truck Supercharger Fuel Upgrade Kit, ARB front bumper, OME shocks and coils, OME 7 leaf packs, Ride-rite airbags. 2002 FWC Eagle

#17 canterburyfour

canterburyfour

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 04:31 PM

UG,

Very nice work, looks clean and professional. I have the same problem with the license plate when I have the tailgate/back porch down. I'd love to have a third plate but I'm not sure it's allowed. I've tried contacting DMV about it but so far I haven't gotten past the automated phone system. Man do I hate those things.
Best of Luck and Enjoy.

Here is how you get someone on the phone at California DMV.
Call 800/777-0133. As soon as you get a recording hit the fallowing keys as the message changes.1,3,4,0. Normally you will have a live person in under 5 minutes.
www.canterburyfour.com

Travelling the world everyday in my mind!

There's no personal growth from fear!!

#18 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 05:51 PM

CBfour,

Thanks, I'll try it.

#19 Uncle Grumpy

Uncle Grumpy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:04 AM

can't wait to see some pics of it out in the bush!

We had a small family gathering up at my cousin's rancho this weekend so here ya go.....
Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 Kilroy

Kilroy

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:32 AM

[quote name='Tomas Tierra']Where to first UG?????QUOTE]

Nice job. More inspiration. Did you consider support to the brackets that hold the tail gate up? I saw it somewhere, but can't find the pic now.

Are you considering storage on your front hitch? It's in my plans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users