• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 betacat

betacat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:23 PM

Not sure if this is the right forum but I have been lurking here for a long time. I am a seasonal working in the campgrounds in Yosemite Valley and am hoping to buy a used FWC (and likely a Tacoma) some time in the next year or two and travel during my offseasons. Learning a lot from reading and occasionally get to check out someone's camper at work. Would love to buy new, but it seems like it would make more sense to start with a basic used one and figure out what I need. 

#2 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:26 PM

Welcome to WTW, betacat! :)

Your plan sounds like a good one.

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#3 KILR0Y

KILR0Y

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:27 PM

Welcome former lurker! Glad you're taking the FWC plunge. Why wait though? YOLO and should be out there enjoying it now. That's my attitude. I live life to the fullest, save for my retired years, and spend the rest because you can't take it with you...

Anyway it shakes out, see you on the threads!

#4 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:40 PM

Welcome and good luck with your search for a FWC. You already work is one of the great places in the USA  World.

#5 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,338 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:46 PM

betacat, welcome and good luck with your work and search for a camper. It may be a bit early for you but this ad just popped up on craigslist and only a couple of hours away from you.

http://reno.craigsli...4640650837.html

I have no personal knowledge about this camper and vehicle, I just post what I find on craigslist over in Gear Exchange.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#6 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,022 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:56 PM

Nice plan. I'd have sure loved to have a camper back when I was a seasonal firefighter, but back then I could sleep on rocks.

So I bet you've got some good campgrounds stories to regale us with /hint

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#7 highz

highz

Retreaded

• Members
  • 1,816 posts
  • LocationSacramento Mountains, NM

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:16 PM

Welcome, betacat. Best of luck getting your rig when the time is right. Ski3pin does a great service to the community by posting the Craigslist sales. You may have already read that when you are ready to buy have your money in hand and be prepared to jump, because the good deals go within hours of being posted.

'99 Ford Ranger XLT, '08 FWC Eagle
-------------
“the clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” - John Muir

#8 betacat

betacat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:00 PM

ski3pin, that one looks like a good starter. I'm guessing it will be gone before I can get up there to look at it. Yes, this place is beautiful and it is fun working in the campgrounds. Will share some stories. Stop and see me if anyone is in the park.

#9 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,295 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:37 PM

Welcome to WTW  betacat.

That camper/truck combo would be great. But they do go fast.

Ski always posts rigs for sale so keep checking the site.

Good luck finding something.

What campground do you work at in Yosemite?

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#10 betacat

betacat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:07 AM

I work in the Valley campgrounds (Upper, Lower, North Pines mostly). Just got home from work and it appears that most of the planet's population has descended upon Yosemite valley. I contacted that guy that ski3pin gave me the link to from the Tahoe area. We'll see what happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users