Mistery wires help & propane T-hose for Mr. Heater

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 KILR0Y

KILR0Y

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:28 PM

Sorry, but I'm removing all my contributions to this site.

Edited by KILR0Y, 13 April 2015 - 04:43 AM.

#2 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,589 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:38 PM

If they are unused, and given the location, I wonder they are for other circuits that connect to the various switches that are down below the refer. My camper is in storage now, so I can't see them, but I believe that I only have the floor lights hooked up, plus three other unused switches.

Edit: It's pouring up here. Do you have snow?

Edited by Wandering Sagebrush, 22 November 2014 - 05:38 PM.

I am haunted by waters

#3 GroovyDad

GroovyDad

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:32 PM

Hi Kilroy, I just bought a Mr. Heater and on mine it said that it has an internal regulator and NOT to run an additional regulator.  If yours is working, it may not be a big problem, but I thought I'd let you know--you may want to check to see if yours has the same internal regulator.  

"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." —John Muir. http://aimlessroamer.blogspot.com/

#4 kmcintyre

kmcintyre

• Members
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:38 PM

I vote for the electric water pump.

Boise, ID

2022 Chevy 3500 HD

2023 FWC Flatbed Hawk

#5 idahoron

idahoron

• Members
  • 646 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:36 AM

Great looking set up. Where did you get the quick couplers?  Also for the fitting that goes in where the cylinder is did you just unscrew the hose for that one? 

The Buddy heaters use a special hose that I got instead of using a filter. My first Buddy heater got oil into the goose neck where the pilot light is. They said it was plasticizers that leaked out of the hose and they told me the number on the hose to use. But that was for high pressure. Where your setup is post regulator I wonder if a guy really needs the special hose in this situation? 

#6 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:44 PM

That coil of wires was for the running lights on my hawk. It also has several wire taps on it going to different. Areas of lights.

#7 idahoron

idahoron

• Members
  • 646 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:10 AM

Sort of a dual topic thread here if anyone is interested. 

While looking for my IOTA DLS-30 device today from another thread, I ran into these wires coiled on the back wall of the compartment I was looking in.  It's located on the drivers side below the furnace, and behind the black louvered panel.  The camper is a 2013 Hawk SS edition. 

Based on the fact that there are many small gauge green wires in this bundle and it's got a 5 amp fuse, I'm thinking they may be for the running lights but I can't confirm because my camper is in the garage sitting on the storage box while I'm not planning on using it.  The plug is too far to test...  Can anyone confirm what they are for?

gallery_2969_423_351192.jpg

As a bonus, you all can see that I recently plumbed in a tee into my main propane line, down stream of the regulator.  This hose you see connected is normally tucked up inside of the cabinet when not used, but when used I plug the quick-connect fitting on the end right into my Mr. Heater portable buddy so I don't have to keep switching out 1lb bottles.  

It took some time to remove the main propane line and cut/splice it in, but It works great for me.  A general warning to those who want to do this would be to make sure to take it down to an RV dealer for a leak test.  you don't want to be breathing any propane after your install.  They will charge you a fee and fix any leaks you may have.   Personally, I did this myself with a spray bottle of soapy water - and when I was done I verified this with a fire department issued leak sniffer.  No leaks...

Enjoy. 

What size is the copper tube? is it 3/8? I am trying to figure out what size mine is and it looks like 3/8 but I am not sure.  Thanks. 

#8 idahoron

idahoron

• Members
  • 646 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:23 AM

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users