• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#11 100acrehuphalump

100acrehuphalump

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • LocationIn a pool of clear crystalline water. Appalachia

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:40 PM

It's great to "meet" everyone, thanks for posting and keep them coming maybe we can get an idea where most everyone is, then figure on where a great meetup spot would be. Thanks to everyone for chiming in!
2012 F150 XL V8, 4X4, S-Cab, Warn VL 10,000, Bull Bar, E Rated Cooper Discoverer AT/3, Rigid Industries Dually Spots
2015 FWC Hawk
M416 Expedition Trailer
Bayleaf Woof!

#12 mitch h

mitch h

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Locationbrazil,in.

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:29 AM

Hey guys Mitch here. I am camperless at the moment. Had a hawk first then a grandby. Sold that one to yeager alias rystjohn. We were going to jump ship and get a small class b. Had a good nights sleep, finely woke up and realized,boy did I mess up. Looking for another hawk. I live in Brazil, in. about 60 miles west of JD. Love going to Montana,s glacier's. Hopefully Utah this fall.

Edited by mitch h, 09 January 2015 - 12:31 AM.

#13 DanT

DanT

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:40 AM

Dan, I don't actually have a FWC yet, you know my story from yesterdays post but hopefully will meet on our camper pickup day. If not then will meet at one of the future east coast rallies.

I want to do and see everything mentioned above.

Buckland you live in a beautiful part of your state and I read your posts about the north woods of Maine and was shocked to learn that there is such a vast wilderness on the east coast. Its been on my list since you made me aware of it, maybe some day you can give me some tips or better yet I can tag along.

Great adventures aside, when I've had past campers one of my favorite things to do with them is to drive to the beach Friday night, with my Honey and Beast, around 9 pm (no traffic). Wake up on the beach Saturday morning to a nice sunrise, spend the day surf fishing, paddle and boogie boarding, crabbing and just chillin. Do a little Bq, take a shower, get a great night sleep to the sound of the surf crashing, wake up to another sunrise on Sunday have a nice breakfast maybe some fishing or an early morning walk on a mostly empty beach. Pack up and start heading north on the Garden State Parkway around 10 or 11am, While I'm driving home I look at all the south bound bumper to bumper beach traffic and say to myself thank God Im not just coming down for the day in that traffic. I'm home around 1, I have the rest of the day to relax at home and get ready for the grind of the coming week. It cost me less then a tank of gas and I can't stop smiling. Its like a 300 watt solar panel that recharges your personal batteries. Good for the soul.

But don't get me wrong I want to Wander as much as the next guy.

DanT

#14 kmacafee

kmacafee

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul, MN

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:00 AM

I live 1 block east of the Mississippi in St.Paul.  We bought a lightly used 2012 Eagle and have it sitting on a 2012 Tacoma.  We only have a few nights in it but we are planning a trip west in the next month or so.  We have travelled much of the country and spent much of last summer driving thru Canada and up the haul road to Prudhoe Bay. Having a get together would be fun.

#15 hoosierhawk

hoosierhawk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:35 AM

I'm in Northern Indiana/Upper Peninsula/Beaufort North Carolina. 2014 Hawk on a 2013 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD and I travel between those locations. I have two children in Seattle so I am planning an extended adventure to "wander the west" and visit the kids and grandchildren. This is my first experience camping in anything more luxurious than a tent. I must admit at this age I enjoy the comfort of the FWC Hawk. Thanks to all for the informative posts they have been invaluable in helping as I outfitted my rig.

#16 wi_hawk

wi_hawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationGB, WI

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:07 PM

Tom here, from Green Bay, WI or close by.

2010 Hawk on 2000 Chevy 1500, 5.3L, 4wd, Ext Cab.  The rig has been to Alaska and Canada as far as we could go.

Great many places to explore in MI, WI & MN.  Lucky to have so many National Forrest close to home.  All east of the Mississippi River .  

And if that is not enough there is Ontario.

Edited by wi_hawk, 24 January 2015 - 03:35 AM.

#17 RC Pilot Jim

RC Pilot Jim

• Members
  • 1,544 posts
  • LocationSan Diego Calif

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:14 AM

You guys have enough folks for an East coast rally.

Jim

Retired from truck camping June 2021

Our Basic Eagle/Fleet Shell Build

#18 100acrehuphalump

100acrehuphalump

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • LocationIn a pool of clear crystalline water. Appalachia

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:08 AM

You guys have enough folks for an East coast rally.

In March I'll be picking mine up from Mainline Overland somewhere around the 12-14 the weather Permitting. When are you getting yours DanT?

I'm game for a rally. Anybody have any suggestions for a great meeting/rally point?
2012 F150 XL V8, 4X4, S-Cab, Warn VL 10,000, Bull Bar, E Rated Cooper Discoverer AT/3, Rigid Industries Dually Spots
2015 FWC Hawk
M416 Expedition Trailer
Bayleaf Woof!

#19 DanT

DanT

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:17 PM

Dan the word from Woodland is that our campers are supposed to arrive at MLO on March 14. When it gets closer I'll check in with the Mainline boys and see what they say, I'm assuming it will be that weekend or the weekdays that follow. I don't know if I could wait  until the following weekend knowing that she's only 2 hours and 20 minutes away waiting for my Silverado.

So maybe will get to meet then. As far as a rally, I'm game. I went to the Sugarloaf rally last year and it was very cool and the people were great. As far as where and when, that's a tuff one. I'm thinking somewhere in the Shenandoah National Park area because of it's central location and incredible beauty. Of course it should be an open invite to the entire wanderthewest family, I think the western wanders, who are surrounded by magnificent natural wonders would be impressed with the beauty of the Blue Ridge mountains. As far as when, us newbies would probably say March 21st, but we should most likely just calm down a bit. It would be really cool if we could get some of the FWC guys to attend like Tom, Stan, Mike or Chicali or at least our local guys Matt and Pete.

I know they come east for the Overland Expo east on Oct 2 so maybe the last weekend in September would be an ideal date to make it more feasible for some of the FWC crew and as we know its a beautiful time of year on the east coast.

With those guys or without we should definitely get some type of annual rally started. I think it would be cool if we could move it to a different state each year to make sure its easier for all to attend (at least when its in their neighborhood ) and for the sake of wandering.

Anyway Dan I hope to see you at MLO and with the help of this forum I'm sure I'll see you at the

First Annual FWC East Coast Rally……... thats got a nice ring to it.

DanT

#20 cfike

cfike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationOakland, MD

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:48 PM

I'm Chad from western Maryland. I have a 2010 Fleet originally on a 2012 Nissan Frontier.  My wife and I try to take a two week vacation to wander the west every year and try to get in a few shorter trips closer to home.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users