• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 12:42 AM

That's right boys, I guess 13 days ago, I was working in Eureka on some new crab gear, at 2:15 pm. I had a catagory 5 heart attack. I could'nt decide if I wanted to say anything about this or not. Well, I decided it's worth mentioning, because for two or three months I ignored all the warnings you could have,shortness of breath, severe pain in my neck,and some chest pain.I passed off the pain in my neck as a pinched nerve,which I have a lot of, but the rest of this s%$t I just ignored. I am very lucky this didn't happen at my house, because I would for sure be dead, too far from the kind of help I needed. I am told that I went into cardiac arrest twice on the way to the hospital. Every body who had a hand in saving me did exactaly what they were supposed to do, and thanks to them I can tell you this story. I am not having an easy time recovering from this, and this probably didn't have to happen if I would have used my head. So, what i'm trying to say is don't ignore something like this, the price you can pay is very high, as i'm finding out.I know my life has probably changed forever, and some of it i'm not going to like. TT ,no i'm not pissed off, Herr ,don't give up,I will send the fish, Dirty Dog I will post puppy pics. and tell the puppy story, which is turning out pretty sad. But i've been hit by a speeding train, it'll take me a while to shake this one off. Save the get well cards, I'm already tired of hearing about it. I'm just glad to be here, I have a positive attitude about all this, so I figure I'll be OK. Pvstoy, don't post anymore pics. of Salmon that are that ugly......Jees

#2 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 08 November 2008 - 03:30 AM

Holy Crap!

Thanks for the reminder about paying attention to the warning signs. I too would have shaken it off and made excuses as to why. Just hope I can do the right thing when the time comes. Too much to live for.

Yes it was a UGLY dead fish……sorry. 20 pound test in a drift boat, now that would be fun……

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#3 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationCentral California Sierra Nevadas

Posted 08 November 2008 - 05:59 AM

Glad to hear you are ok and have a positive outlook. I work in EMS and as you know you are very, very lucky. Most don't survive. You must have been in the right place with the right people at the right time. Thanks for giving others a heads up on the symptoms and to not ignore them.

Stay Healthy!

#4 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 08 November 2008 - 03:39 PM

Geeze Salty, Please take care of yourself I need someone to annoy me.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#5 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:04 PM

There's still enough left to get that job done, in fact it looks like i'm going to have a lot of free time on my hands, so ready up!

#6 HERR42

HERR42

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:08 PM

a very close friend suffered a stroke last year.
i was shocked by the impact...it took him many months to get back to 90%.

but the main thing is that he did.....you will too.

maybe youve been EATING TOO MUCH FISH?

i assume your doc has imposed some changes on your lifestyle? are you planning on being cooperative?
Jeff Herr WW6L '07 Hawk & '00 F250 SuperDuty CrewCab, Warn 12K, BFG AT KO 'E' rated, TransferFlow 48Gal tank

#7 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:46 PM

Great to still have you with us, your story gives me chills just reading it. Thanks for the heads up and hope for a speedy recovery.
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#8 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 08 November 2008 - 07:55 PM

Wow fisherman, sorry to hear that! I wondered where you were off to..... I hope you have a speedy and full recovery!

#9 Puffins

Puffins

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • LocationJackson County OR

Posted 08 November 2008 - 10:13 PM

Speedy recovery Brother:thumb:
Mike Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket? (Had 95 Hawk on a)06 Chevy 2500HD Crew Duramax 02 Nash 19B State of Jefferson Refugee

#10 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,031 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 10 November 2008 - 06:40 AM

Dont ignore the warning signs. I used to be an emt. One night I thought I was having a heart attack. Almost dialed 911, didn't, probably should have but I ran through the symptoms in my head. Wasn't quite right. Saw my doc the next day and had an ekg. Was picture perfect. To really put my mind at ease I had a heart scan done. Looked good. Funny but as soon as I realized i wasnt going to die (immediately) I didnt have any more chest pains. I'm not a hypochondriac by any means but it was funny how once I started to think I had something it just snowballed.

So, theres kind of two morals to that story. If you think you have something get it checked out. If you dont you may not be around to worry about it.

Sure glad it worked out for ya.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users