#1 EnviroProf

EnviroProf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationWestern Pennsylvania

Posted 07 July 2017 - 03:03 PM

Hi all.  Switching from VW Syncro Westy camper to Tacoma and a Popup truck camper. Looking for used Four Wheel Camper Fleet model. I'm in Western Pennsylvania, but am willing to travel to find the right camper. I'm driving to the West Coast this summer, and could pick one up on the way.

Also looking forward to learning some good stuff on this forum. 

2017 Fleet

2013 Tacoma Quad Cab

#2 Buckshot62

Buckshot62

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationGillette Wyoming

Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:16 PM

Welcome to the forum. Are you looking for a new Fleet or an old one ?( I don't have either for sale ) but it might make your search easier. Did you read the tips on here about buying a used 4wc ? If the price is right they sell very quickly . Good luck on your search.

1999 CTD (391,000 miles ) QC/LB 2500 1986 FWC Fleet . Sold the truck and kept the Fleet.

2000 K3500 CC LB 7.4 4L80E 4.10's

1997 K3500 CC LB Dually 7.4 NV4500 4.56'S

#3 Pax2525

Pax2525

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:23 PM

https://reno.craigsl...6196913648.html

F150 & FWC

#4 EnviroProf

EnviroProf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:24 AM

Thanks for the link Pax2525. Buckshot62, I really like the front dinette model, which I think came out in 2012??? So ideally I would find a 2012 and newer. They are tough to find. 

2017 Fleet

2013 Tacoma Quad Cab

#5 Argonaut20

Argonaut20

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:48 PM

You might look at the ATC Bobcat, as one reasonably well equipped built to your specs would be in about the same range as the used Fleet in the post above. Marty and Jeff are good to work with and build an excellent product.

2006 Tacoma, '66 AS Caravel,  2002 Eagle

#6 windy

windy

• Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:03 PM

Check out Bundutec in Iowa. They may have a demo to sell or they com build you a new custom pop-up at a price competitive (or even cheaper) than a nearly new FWC or ATC. I personally think their quality is every bit as good, if not better, and their weights are comparable as well. Just sayin...

#7 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,611 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:09 PM

You might look at the ATC Bobcat, as one reasonably well equipped built to your specs would be in about the same range as the used Fleet in the post above. Marty and Jeff are good to work with and build an excellent product.

Actually, you might come in a bit under the asking price of that used Fleet, and I have every confidence in the quality of campers built by ATC.   Marty and Jeff are also willing to do custom work.   If I ever buy another popup, it will be an ATC.

I am haunted by waters

#8 EnviroProf

EnviroProf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:49 PM

Actually, you might come in a bit under the asking price of that used Fleet, and I have every confidence in the quality of campers built by ATC.   Marty and Jeff are also willing to do custom work.   If I ever buy another popup, it will be an ATC.

I have been checking out the Bobcat. It looks like a good camper as well. I like the fact that they are a small company, but it also makes it hard to find a used one and to get an idea what the new ones would be like. The ATC website doesn't have a whole lot of information or photos or an example of what a side dinette would look like. 

If anyone spots a used Bobcat for sale, please let me know.

2017 Fleet

2013 Tacoma Quad Cab

#9 EnviroProf

EnviroProf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:55 PM

Check out Bundutec in Iowa. They may have a demo to sell or they com build you a new custom pop-up at a price competitive (or even cheaper) than a nearly new FWC or ATC. I personally think their quality is every bit as good, if not better, and their weights are comparable as well. Just sayin...

Thanks for the tip on Bundutec. They do have a demo listed on their website that is pretty loaded for $14k.

2017 Fleet

2013 Tacoma Quad Cab

#10 windy

windy

• Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:56 PM

Thanks for the tip on Bundutec. They do have a demo listed on their website that is pretty loaded for $14k.

I've seen that camper and it is extremely nice. Lots of upgrades too. Problem is that, in my opinion, it's a little heavy for a Tacoma (that's the only reason I don't own it). Great for a full size half ton.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users