• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:25 AM

At Death Valley I was telling Camelracer about a tire gauge that you clip on, read the scale and add air or remove air once the chuck is added. I have used these at a friends shop and I like them. They are a lot faster to adjust pressure. They are not digital but I can read scale and tell time on a analog clock ;).

So I ordered 2, on their way they come. Just wanted to point these out to you all.

http://www.autosport...pid=2348&cid=90

Attached Thumbnails

• accugauge_clipon_silo-2.jpg

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#2 georgem

georgem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:44 AM

Patrick,

I have a portable 12v Viair. Happy with with the size and capabilities, but the gauge goes all wacko when pumping air...have to take it off and use separate gauge. Do these pressure gauges give accurate reading WHILE airing up? If so, I'll be ordering one.

Fisherman, don't go getting all excited about this talk of taking things off and pumping and size and capabilities...we're talking about tires and air compressors.
(you know I could've made this additional comment in a separate thread to add to my post totals...)

George 2005 Nissan Titan 4x4, ATC Panther

#3 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:59 AM

I have just realized that I don’t remember how the gauge acts when you are putting air in.

You are talking like going from 18 PSI to 32 PSI?

Mine are coming ground and might take up to a week. I’ll let you know.

(post a trip report with many sections...up your count)

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#4 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:01 AM

At Death Valley I was telling Camelracer about a tire gauge that you clip on, read the scale and add air or remove air once the chuck is added. I have used these at a friends shop and I like them. They are a lot faster to adjust pressure. They are not digital but I can read scale and tell time on a analog clock ;).

So I ordered 2, on their way they come. Just wanted to point these out to you all.

http://www.autosport...pid=2348&cid=90

Also check out G.H. Messer, we've been using these things for years at the race track, Messer makes high quality, very accurate, and fair priced units, and their made in the U.S.(more important than ever) they're in both my trucks
"I WANT TO DIE IN MY SLEEP LIKE MY GRANDFATHER, NOT SCREAMING IN TERROR LIKE THE REST OF THE PEOPLE IN HIS CAR''

#5 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:14 AM

Thinking about it…When you attach the gauge you see the tire pressure. When you attach a air chuck from a tank or compressor it is a open tube. Meaning you will get different pressures trying to balance out.

So depends how high the source is you will have to pull off the filler chuck and read the tire pressure. But at least it will be easier. The deflation button will let air out.

Does this help?

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#6 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:17 AM

Also check out G.H. Messer, we've been using these things for years at the race track, Messer makes high quality, very accurate, and fair priced units, and their made in the U.S.(more important than ever) they're in both my trucks

Look at their web page they have the same gauge....
http://www.ghmeiser....ecialtydial.htm

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#7 georgem

georgem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:23 AM

Went to the G.H.Messer site and it looks like the 'Accu Gage" is their product.

Patrick, the main thing I've noticed is I have to turn the compressor on and off when airing-up to get an accurate read. Maybe I'm wanting something that isn't possible, just wish I didn't have to especially when I'm airing up a back tire and have the air hose stretched out and have to move between the compressor and back to the tire.
George 2005 Nissan Titan 4x4, ATC Panther

#8 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:29 AM

Mine are both at least 10 yrs. old, they looked different then, I do know you're getting a good product.
"I WANT TO DIE IN MY SLEEP LIKE MY GRANDFATHER, NOT SCREAMING IN TERROR LIKE THE REST OF THE PEOPLE IN HIS CAR''

#9 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:59 AM

Recieved my 2 gauges. They are ok and just the same as I remembered them to be.

The two gauges are 1 pound from each other.

attached is the back of the card.

Attached Thumbnails

• gauge1.jpg
  • gauge2.jpg

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#10 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:16 AM

I'm glad I got mine 10yrs ago when they still made them in the US, it's makes me sick, I don't hate the Chinese, but the playing field ain't level, if you want people in this country to be able to feed their kids, and save their house, they have to have a job. Look at who makes what you buy, you decide, do you want to give what ever future this country has to be outsourced to China and India, it's your choice....................this is not directed at you PV

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users