4SPsVcQgLGnyL2Tixyg99f.jpg

This is zerobreeze Mark 2 model,
real AC with a compressor
use 24V DC, i plugged it into a 1000W inverter,
it is capable of dropping 30f within short time
weight 16 pounds
size 20Lx10x11

i bought this unit from www.zerobreeze.com

I was thinking about one of those, but I wanted to see a long term review to get an idea on reliability. The version one seemed to get low reviews, but the version two is supposed to be more powerful. Not many reviews I could find on the 2. Maybe you can update this when you have put some time on it.

I would angle the hoses away from each other to be sure the heated air doesn't get sucked back into the intake.

You may get a comment from a member about the version 1. :)

https://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topic/20185-2218-btu-24-vdc-ac-unit/

This sure grabbed my attention. All of the other AC options either require shore power or a generator. Swamp coolers are limited by humidity and require a water supply.

It's a true compressor AC rated at 2300 BTU with intake/exhaust hoses that can be run out the camper window or possibly the fan opening.

One review found the claim of 5 hours on their 35 aH battery optimistic - more like 3.5 hours. But that's manageable. With a 120 V inverter or a 12 V to 24 V buck converter, I think in worst case, a night's sleep would pull about 70 aH from the camper battery. I'm in the process of moving to a 280 aH LiFePO4, and adding one or more solar panels, so that can work.

The reviews noted that at 52 dBa it was noisy and it isn't cheap at over $1100. But I'm sure tempted. If I up my solar panels to 360 W, it will work.

Pollux, comments on the noise?

Noise level is acceptable, like household AC window unit, but better than those upright AC unit. Some user reported they slept through the night with this AC running all time.

use the coupon code can save you couple hundred dollars on checkout, i found out after receiving the AC :(

they sell a 24v lithium battery pad that last 4 hours, cost $600 additional, i guess we dont need it.

Back
Top Bottom