'98 Granby (Modified) For Sale

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 WarpathEngineering

WarpathEngineering

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:44 PM

With great regret, I am forced to sell my '98 Granby project, I'm loosing my storage. Purchased in '06 or '07 as someones hunting cabin, it's been stripped to the frame, new insulation, paneling & ceiling, lights installed & partial new siding outside. The cab overhang plywood has also been replaced. When I purchased it, it was constructed to fit a Ford Super Duty and had an extreme gap between the overhang and truck cab roof. I added 4" of depth to the overhang to close the gap and allow for a deeper mattress. It is now a shell and only needs completion. All extra parts already purchased for the product goes with it including new Iota AC/DC distribution panel and Iota Power Converter. It will however need the roof lifts replaced. I'm located in KY so anyone on East of the Mississippi interested in a FWC Grandby now is your chance. Anyone who wants more info, please feel free to call me @ 859-727-2436h or 859-431-1802w or at toofewpontiacs@yahoo.com. If I get no takers, this ones headed for the scrap yard. No reasonable offer refused.

Thanks for looking!

Rick Wolking

#2 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:05 PM

Rick, sorry to hear you have to sell your project, I was very interested to see the results of your framing change. I had considered doing something similar to allow for a thicker mattress but never got to it and now the camper is history. Any chance you could post some pictures of the camper as it is now?
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#3 WarpathEngineering

WarpathEngineering

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:25 AM

I don't know why I didn't think to bring my camera in today. I was planning on posting photos. I'll try and post some tomorrow.

#4 WarpathEngineering

WarpathEngineering

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:40 AM

Here are the pictures. They start with what I had and what I ended up with.

Attached Thumbnails

• Original Frame Ext.jpg
  • Original Frame Interior.jpg

#5 WarpathEngineering

WarpathEngineering

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:42 AM

I used a piece of 4"x3"x1/8" piece of aluminum box tubing and split it to make 2 angles. I cut gores in the webs to allow for the radius.

Attached Thumbnails

• Drop Structure Radius Detail.jpg
  • Drop Structure 1x4 alumumium.jpg

#6 WarpathEngineering

WarpathEngineering

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:44 AM

Once complete, I repaneled to two sides and overhang with new aluminum. I lowered the side window 1" to allow for the slide out supports and also lowered the front pass through window by 1-1/2" to align it with the trucks pass through.

Attached Thumbnails

• Passenger\'s Fender.jpg
  • Passenger\'s Side.jpg

#7 WarpathEngineering

WarpathEngineering

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:47 AM

I installed new scene lights on the rear, 2 new porch lights and moved the propane tank and shore power inlet to the rear to locate all the utilities ie. electrical, propane & furnace all in the same area.

Attached Thumbnails

• Driver\'s Fender.jpg
  • Passenger\'s Quarter.jpg

#8 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 29 August 2009 - 11:15 PM

Lots of potential there. What kind of shape is the pop-up material in?

Whatever you do don't scrap that thing!

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#9 Southern Gent

Southern Gent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationBessemer, AL.

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:49 PM

Great job so far. I may know someone that's interested. I'll P.M. you Happy Selling, Bill

1996 Granby Four Wheel Camper mounted on 2004 Silverado 4x4 Extended Cab w 8 Ft. bed truck. Happy Selling

#10 WarpathEngineering

WarpathEngineering

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:51 AM

pods8,

The pop up material is in pretty good shape for its age. There are a few pin holes here and there, nothing that would really leak except for a driving rain. The big problem and I'm given to understand is normal for this year camper is the clear flip up windows are distorted due to heat and no longer seal very well so they have the potential to leak once and a while.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users