43 replies to this topic

#1 Foy

Foy

Resident Geologist

• Members
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 01 September 2023 - 03:12 PM

The tower-mounted webcam on the Black Rock Desert playa is now operating for the remainder of the Burning Man festival.  This year, it was not scheduled to begin broadcasting until early Friday am, Pacific Time, but according to my wife, she accessed it by around 6:00 pm PT yesterday.

In a stunning development, she said it appeared a bit dusty on the playa yesterday.

Foy

#2 Foy

Foy

Resident Geologist

• Members
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 01 September 2023 - 03:18 PM

And in other news, it appears they may be getting some rain today, tonight, and into Sunday morning.  Hehehe.

#3 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,346 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 01 September 2023 - 03:30 PM

Yes, it's that time again!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#4 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,346 posts

Posted 01 September 2023 - 03:34 PM

And in other news, it appears they may be getting some rain today, tonight, and into Sunday morning.  Hehehe.

I expect burners have creative ways to keep warm and dry, as they are avid outdoorists. Or, they don't even notice weather conditions. Burn on!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#5 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,023 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 01 September 2023 - 04:01 PM

Massive drop in temps today. Slight chance of rain here. I suspect there will be no further road blockages either :)

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#6 Foy

Foy

Resident Geologist

• Members
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 01 September 2023 - 05:05 PM

Massive drop in temps today. Slight chance of rain here. I suspect there will be no further road blockages either :)

Not if the Pyramid Lake Tribal Police rangers have anything to say about it!  Those gentlemen don't fool around.  God Bless 'em!

#7 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,297 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 01 September 2023 - 06:02 PM

I still think that camera view looks like a Star Wars set.

Happy first day of Fall.Where did summer go.

Burn on.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#8 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 02 September 2023 - 12:03 AM

I thought it was illegal to be on the playa when it is wet. Or maybe I am confusing it with Racetrack Playa in DVNP. But in any case, doesn't the playa become monster mud that sucks any vehicle down to the axles when it is wet? That could put a damper o the 30,000 vehicles out there.

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#9 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,346 posts

Posted 02 September 2023 - 12:22 AM

Current radar indicates it's raining on black rock city -

Radar

you'll need to move it over to north of Pyramid Lake.

#10 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,775 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 02 September 2023 - 12:27 AM

Depends how much rain.  The road in and out is closed.  People there are asked to stay in place due to the weather.

blackrock.JPG

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users