1 reply to this topic

#1 chopyourown

chopyourown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 September 2023 - 06:40 PM

Hello all - 

I'm posting this looking to buy a pop-up camper to fit my 6.5' bed, full size truck. Looking for something within ~500 miles of the Seattle area. 

I'm new to the world of campers as I've tent camped or slept under a standard pickup topper for years. I want a warm, dry, inside space to expand the seasons me and my young family can comfortably camp in. Think lots of shoulder season road trips, winter time ski resort camping, etc. Mostly weekend type trips. This will be going on a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD with a 6'4" bed. I want to still be capable of getting off the beaten path and will likely never see a campground with hookups, so I'm not looking for a huge camper with amenities. 

My preference would be for a FWC Hawk or an ATC Panther. I'm open to other options, so long as they're a pop-up style, would allow for similarly rugged off-road travel, and aren't super prone to rot in the PNWet climate. I'm on a bit of a budget, and would ideally like to keep things <$13,000 (less is great too)! I'm handy and can fix minor issues or do my own electrical/appliance/cabinetry upgrades over time. 

I don't need fancy, don't need perfect condition, but don't want to deal with a complete basketcase. 

Ideal amenities - furnace or diesel heater, large cabover bed (I'm 6'4"), tall standing height, ability to sleep 2 small kids on front dinette or rollover couch, fridge. Solar or prewiring is a bonus. 

Anyone out there have what I'm looking for and want to make a deal? 

#2 chopyourown

chopyourown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 September 2023 - 05:09 PM

Bump, still looking. Willing to be a bit flexible on price or features, would really like to find something in the next 2-3 weeks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Four Wheel Camper, Hawk, FWC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users