16 replies to this topic

#1 marc

marc

Fire Proof

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
  • LocationSouth Shores California

Posted 01 October 2009 - 02:58 AM

Thought I might share with my fellow Wanderers some of the negative ju ju that Four Wheel Camper is spreading on ExPo. Normaly I wouldn't say anything but this just plain pissed me off considering how helpful the ATC guys have been over the years here at WTW. Here is the quote on Expo. :angry:

You wont see anyone from ATC spending time each day answering questions about used campers and aftermarket modifications (for free) to people on Expo or WTW. I wonder why ?

Stan, you suck. :lol:

2016 Sprinter Silver Gray 144 Std. Roof 4x4. 3.0 diesle, Cooper "Dicoverer" ST Maxx 255/85/16

#2 Argonaut20

Argonaut20

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:35 AM

I also dislike trying to sell product by dissing competitors. If you can't show your product does the job better, faster, more efficiently, etc. then just admit it is a matter of personal choice for folks to decide between ATC, FWC, Phoenix, etc. I don't catch the ATC crowd badmouthing FWC. They leave it to you to make up your mind and they listen to wild ideas you may have. They will also tell you if the idea is just too far out. I like that approach.

2006 Tacoma, '66 AS Caravel,  2002 Eagle

#3 K6ON

K6ON

Old & Soft

• Members
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:42 AM

Marc, There's a reason I take my FWC Grandby to ATC for all it's work. You just named it.

Presently ATC is re-upholstering all my cushions and building a custom cabinet for the camper.

Marty, Jeff, and Don go out of their way to help anyone who comes to their shop. Their customer service is second to none. They've done several things to my camper at "no charge".

I for one wouldn't waste the diesel fuel to drive to Woodland FWC. One trip there was enough. Had this thread not started, I would have never said a word about FWC and Stan, I would have just kept my feelings to myself and avoided them. For Stan to bad-mouth the guys at ATC is unforgivable. The ATC guys never say anything derogatory about FWC, and in fact recommend them under certain circumstances.

Needless to say, when I replace my old FWC, it will be with a new ATC.

2007 Dodge 2500 5.9 CTD QC 4X4, *1996 FWC/ATC hybrid* *2021.5 GeoPro 19FBS*  "If you can read this, Thank a Teacher.  Because you read this in English, Thank a Vet."

#4 Kodachrome

Kodachrome

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • LocationColorado Rockies

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:51 AM

I think you guys are blowing this a bit out of proportion, this is business on the internet and sometimes the internet sucks especially if you don't have a full time web spokesperson to baby sit when this kind of thing happens. The best thing you can do is take the high road, not mention any misgivings about Stan or FWC but instead tell folks why you like ATC, not why you dislike FWC.

I made a post on that thread and in my opinion, it is better than having a witch hunt here. By all means post here, but maybe consider putting on a good showing on the other site. I run a forum and a website, if it were me, I would lock or even delete this thread, it makes everyone look bad. If you think that what Stan said is not so cool, then what do you think other people are going to think? Pretty obvious, yeah?

Take the high road, that is what these campers are made to do after all.

Just my 2 Lincolns.

Instagram

407 HP Supercharged 2005 Tacoma / 550W Solarcharged 2009 ATC Bobcat.

#5 mtn-high

mtn-high

Campground Host- FUNKYTOWN

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • LocationHoward, CO

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:55 AM

I like the high road you speak of, kodachrome.

Can't we all just get abong?

Attached Thumbnails

• bong-hits.gif

Wherever ya go...there ya are.

#6 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 01 October 2009 - 02:54 PM

OK I guess I might as well get my feet wet. I just read what Stan wrote and aside from it being really bad policy and major (attacking a kitten with a howitzer) over kill it just isn't true. What is true is how long (5 weeks) it took me to get an answer 2 years ago from FWC vs ATC (10 minutes)on a problem I was having. Because of that experience I took my FWC to ATC when it needed factory work. They were thorough fast and the work was well done.

It seems to me that competition has actually improved all aspects of FWC. They NOW are more inovative and more responsive to the public. When they were the only game in town this was not always the case. It is because of ATC that FWC produces a better product. Its either that or lose business and we all benefit from that.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#7 Kodachrome

Kodachrome

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • LocationColorado Rockies

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:29 PM

I like the high road you speak of, kodachrome.

Can't we all just get abong?

A happy face pulling tubes, that's hilarious!

Instagram

407 HP Supercharged 2005 Tacoma / 550W Solarcharged 2009 ATC Bobcat.

#8 HERR42

HERR42

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca

Posted 01 October 2009 - 05:54 PM

i agree and think the thread should be killed.
Jeff Herr WW6L '07 Hawk & '00 F250 SuperDuty CrewCab, Warn 12K, BFG AT KO 'E' rated, TransferFlow 48Gal tank

#9 Stan@FourWheel

Stan@FourWheel

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:30 PM

Point well taken.

I totally apologize to the forum and to the guys at ATC.

I will keep my opinions to myself on the forums.

The text from the portal forum has been removed.

My bad.

Stan

PS: I have thought more about this over the past few days, and that was bad on my part, what I wrote came out the wrong way. I was venting on the wrong people. I worked with Jeff for a few years, so I know him pretty well and we got along the best we could. I haven't worked with Marty. It just erked me that someone on the forums would recommend one camper over the other when I don't think (guessing here) he has ever had either brand of camper, or hasn't been to either factory to meet us and see what we do & what we make (again, guessing here). I would highly recommend that everyone look at both products and find / choose the camper that they like best & will suit their needs best. Not everyone is going to like me, and I'm OK with that, but I try to do my best each & every day and help people the best I can here at FWC.

==========================================================================================

Stan, you suck. :lol:

Stan Kennedy --- Four Wheel Pop-up Campers
1400 Churchill Downs Avenue, Suite A

Woodland, CA 95776
(800) 242-1442 or (530) 666-1442
www.fourwh.com  ---  e-mail = stan@fourwh.com

#10 mtn-high

mtn-high

Campground Host- FUNKYTOWN

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • LocationHoward, CO

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:55 AM

A happy face pulling tubes, that's hilarious!

Have you ever seen anything >but< a happy face pulling tubes, my friend?

Posted Image
Wherever ya go...there ya are.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users