47 replies to this topic

#11 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,227 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 31 October 2023 - 09:03 PM

I am missing something here.Not able to get to post edit.

I am not finding   post edit.

Frank

Frank, google.com is the home page on my browser (Firefox). I'm signed into my google account (gmail and such). In the upper right of the google page (right of gmail) is a square with nine dots. Left click on that and select blogger. Click on posts in the left column. A list of your posts - most recent at the top - should be displayed. Click on a title to edit.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#12 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,042 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 31 October 2023 - 09:09 PM

Hell's bells.... good question Frank... Monte just pointed me in a new direction!

Are suggesting changing the publishing dates to make it flip to reverse order?

Edited by buckland, 31 October 2023 - 09:11 PM.

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#13 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,227 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 31 October 2023 - 09:23 PM

Hell's bells.... good question Frank... Monte just pointed me in a new direction!

That's what I'm suggesting trying. I've not done it. Will it work? Try it and find out. :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#14 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,245 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 31 October 2023 - 09:40 PM

Thanks Monte .Got it. I changed the published dates on my 4 part Alaska 2016 trip.

Just did as per your instructions ,changed the dates on all 4 posts making the

part 1 a date newer on the calendar then part 2,3,4.

It worked now when you view the trip report it starts with part 1 and continues through 2 3 4 in the proper order.

I only have one multi part report,but in the future if I post multi part reports I'll just make sure the dates are in an older order.

Rob I am glad you started this thread. It's already been a help to a bonehead like me.

Thanks.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#15 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,245 posts

Posted 31 October 2023 - 09:46 PM

What it does now is move the posts to the top of all my posts,

but they are at least in chronological order.

I think the blogger program sets the date when you start the new blog post.

Don't know if there is any way around that.

Doesn't really matter though.

Thanks for all the info.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#16 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,245 posts

Posted 31 October 2023 - 09:48 PM

Just did it on my 2016 4 part  Alaska report and it worked.Now they are

in chronological order.

I am glad you started this thread Rob.

It already has been a help.

Frank

#17 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,042 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 31 October 2023 - 11:19 PM

Calling all boneheads!... we'd get a big group. It is an interesting way to go. In that I would keep the dates I posted in the actual post at the start and then leave the trip blog alone until the trip is over.... assuming it is written on the road say like Tennessee to Alaska did. After the trip is done go back and change the publishing dates to create a chronological timeline....easier to review from then on. Now Boneheads are Brilliant!  You'd think with all the money Google has they could get one person to add the option of reverse timeline.

Six years ago I did a big search on it and there were folks who can write commend script in Terminal like they are writing a grocery list. I found some of those scripts and though I have worked a bit with them in little projects there was no way I would start messing with it... I would I know completely screw it all up. This way ..... TADA ! ...done. Not a bad day's work there Monte!

Edited by buckland, 31 October 2023 - 11:21 PM.

Henry David Thoreau

#18 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,042 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 November 2023 - 05:07 PM

Update... as it is SNOWING here ... sitting by the fire and I went through the Alaska trip and put the real date on each page then went back and put new published dates (starting with Jan 1) ... took about 20 minutes... tada! It worked so much easier on the person reading through. I have some next improvements that I want to try a few things first before posting anything else. One little bit of advice: I found it easier to change date on the typed date rather than the calendar ... double click the Update button and then the back arrow to select the next post to edit.... went quickly. 

Henry David Thoreau

#19 rubberlegs

rubberlegs

curmudgeon

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA

Posted 01 November 2023 - 06:04 PM

I do the narrative, links, and photo number in a MS Word document and then copy and paste into blogger. 

Most of my web pages are hand-coded, but I do WordPress posts for a couple of organizations. When I copy from someone's text into a WordPress blog, there's a pesky new line feed at the end of every line. WordPress thinks they are paragraph markers, which display wonky. So I have to hand-edit the end of most lines, deleting the new line and replacing with a space. Maybe it's because I skip a step, and let my email program display the Word file instead of loading into Word. Anyway, do you have any trouble with this?

One of the really great parts of your website is your geographical locations. I've used it dozens of times. Is that all done automatically or do you carefully craft that page? Just know that we appreciate that work!

Tacoma/Fleet 2018.

#20 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,042 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 November 2023 - 06:23 PM

There is the one small issue the publish date won't correct ...and that is the order of the photos if they, as on mine, cover a few days time. No big deal but, there ya have it.

Henry David Thoreau

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users