RainX Wiper blades

Taku

Buffalo Rockface
Maybe i am behind the times, but saw some Rainx wipers at the shop last fall. Have used RainX on the windshield with good success but had not seen the wipers. Was skeptical but they were the same price as others so decided to try them. They actually work great. Have had them on a pitted windshield since October and the water beads up quite well and they have not smears or bad spots. Pleasantly surprised at how well they work.

Thanks! I haven’t tried the wipers, but did use RainX on the windshield a number of years back. Initially, I loved how it beaded, but when it was time to reapply, I failed at getting the windshield clean enough. The result was a slightly gummy windshield. I’ll be interested to see how the wipers work for you. Please do update the thread after a season or so. Following

I've tried a number of wipers including rain-x and none of them really stand out. Original rain-x is good product though a bit of a pita to apply.

oddly enough ... for those who love a clean windshield (isn't it mathematically improbable how insects splat perfectly at eyer level driver's side?).... Bathroom Shower "Scrubbing Bubbles" spray foam is very good to get down to base (w/o hurting the glass).... then windex. Do it couple times a year. White vinegar cleaning of the wiper blades every couple months really helps too.

Another thing to really getting your windshield clean is to use grade#0000 steel wool to clean it. 0000 won't scratch and it removes just about everything. Then apply rain-x.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Thanks! I haven’t tried the wipers, but did use RainX on the windshield a number of years back. Initially, I loved how it beaded, but when it was time to reapply, I failed at getting the windshield clean enough. The result was a slightly gummy windshield. I’ll be interested to see how the wipers work for you. Please do update the thread after a season or so. Following
Best way to apply rainx that I've found is to follow the directions on the bottle than wipe the windshield down well with a damp t-shirt and then polish to a gloss. No gummy film. Best way to get rid of film and water spots and such is 0000 steel wool at the start of the cleaning process.

To get the windshield clean try Bon Ami works great before the RainX treatment. I use the RainX windshield cleaner fluid, quick squirt and the water does run off.

I have found after a few applications of RainX, the product builds up and causes a not so clear windshield. Then you have to use glass polish to remove the build up. I use RainX on my boat windshield, works great to clear windshield under way. Wiper blades used Ford factory blades, they have a long life and no streaks.

fish more said:
I have found after a few applications of RainX, the product builds up and causes a not so clear windshield. Then you have to use glass polish to remove the build up. I use RainX on my boat windshield, works great to clear windshield under way.
That was the issue I had, and either I didn’t use enough elbow grease, or that stuff needs to be ground off (didn’t use the steel wool).

I recently installed a pair of rainx beam style wiper blades on our truck. To soon to post a review. We'll give them a good work out. :)

Back
Top Bottom