#1 Smorgash

Smorgash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 03:00 PM

Hey all,

I have a 2011 Kestrel for sale.

When we picked up this Kestrel it had seen better days. The propane was leaking, the fridge was broken, the floor was peeling up and a slew of other issues. We gutted it and replaced everything and upgraded along the way. In that process we removed the propane and replaced it with a robust electrical system. 

• 400 watts of Solar
  • 200-amp hour Renogy LiPO battery
  • 3000-watt Renogy Inverter Charger (shore power + AC)
  • DC to DC charger wired to the electrical connector (can easliy be wired to car's alternerator)
  • Maxair fan 7400K
  • Brand New Dometic 110S refrigerator
  • 12-gallon new water tank
  • Reupholstered cushions
  • New Lifeproof flooring

The Kestrel is designed for the first-generation 6.5ft Tundra and as such for a shallower truck bed depth. To get around this issue we built a box for the camper to sit on made from pressure treated 4x6 and 2x6. We also drilled a little hole so we could run our backup camera to it. The box worked great and we had 0 issues on our 2.5 week trip to Glacier.

Over the winter the roof paint has started peeling and flaking off. I live in Ohio so the weather hasn't fully cooperated for repainting the roof, but I have aluminum paint and hope to get to it soon. 

Overall, it’s a great camper and with its modifications is ready for any boondocking or campground adventures. We are moving soon and can't move it with us and to be honest never intended on keeping it.

Here is the link to our RV trader listing which has a contact method on it. - https://www.rvtrader...THER-5030547117

IMG 0506
IMG 0509
IMG 0503
IMG 0499
IMG 0488

Feel free to contact with questions!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kestrel, FWC, Four Wheel Camper, 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users