11 replies to this topic

#1 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:22 PM

We just got back and Wow!! The music was just fantastic. At the acoustic stage the Quebe Sisters Band performed for about 90 minutes. We were no more than 5 feet away from them and no amps. Only about 25 people were there. It was like having them perform in my back yard. We also saw another great band at the acoustic venue, Barefoot. If you get the chance don't miss these great performers. We saw them at the "big" stage amplified as well and they blew the doors off.

http://www.quebesistersband.com/
http://www.bearfootband.com/

Of all the terrific performers we saw over the 3 days there was one band that had perhaps the greatest fiddle player on this or any other planet. The entire band was amazing and the mando player just tore the place up but the fiddle player was on an entirely different level than any I have ever heard.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#2 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:31 AM

Sound like fun Jay. Did ya camp out on site?

Sunman
2003 Four Wheel Camper -Hawk

2023 All Terrain Camper - Panther 
2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD
2017 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD

#3 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,346 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:39 AM

Jay, thanks for the report on what sounds (pun intended) like a great event! How'd the pencil do?

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#4 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:43 PM

Sunny, we did camp on the site. That was the worst of it. Elbow to elbow, not like what we're all used to for a camping experience. But for 3 days it was worth it for the music. Pagosa Springs could be our next home. We really liked the town.

SkiTres, The new pencil did great. Got a few new email addresses and didn't take any pix that were "over enhanced" but Mike still has the original #2 Ticonderoga.

We did wave to another Hawk/Ram 2500 guy just as we were leaving Durango Monday and gave the WW address to a couple with a Hawk on a Tundra at the festival but no other FWCs or ATCs the entire trip....weird, when I don't have the camper with me I see them all over the place.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#5 Silvertip47

Silvertip47

The Chair Bandit

• Members
  • 478 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:39 PM

Sounds like a lot of fun.

OK, what is this pencil stuff? Are you like the constipated mathematician? :lol:
2011 F250 SCAB 6.2 gas 373 FX4 Lariat 4" Lift 35" Toyos 16.5 Warn Locked & Loaded 2007 SunLite

#6 generubin

generubin

Electric Baja

• Members
  • 626 posts
  • LocationVentura, California

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:23 AM

Hey Jay, I am glad you liked the Barefoot kids from Alaska. They've jammed with us here in Ventura and Ojai. Pagosa Springs is a nice town but you like it hot! It is cold there. I spent a week there one february in 10 degree weather.

From Baja to the Arctic and all places between!

www.generubinaudio.com

Dodge 4x4 2500 Cummins, 6 spd manual, ATC Ocelot Shell. Tesla Model S, 85KWH, 2018 Tesla Model 3 (3 of them!!)

#7 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:34 AM

Hi Gene,
I went up to Nordhoff Ridge last weekend and while getting my permit at the Ojai station I noticed your name on one of the envelopes in the permit box. Been up to see the Topas or down to Potrero Seco lately?

Sorry for the hijack Jay.

Sunman

#8 generubin

generubin

Electric Baja

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:40 AM

Hi Sunman, We spent that weekend at Portrero Seco. We stayed at the end of the road near that vernal pool. Holiday weekend and the only people we saw were those in our group. There were 4 vehicles, and a lot of instruments.

We had thought to go to Nordhoff and switched at the last minute. That would have been great to have met you at Nordhoff.

The weekend before that, Anne and I went to Saline. There was a break in the heat and we had a 3 days weekend only in the 70's! There was maybe 5 vehicles at the Palm Springs and about 5 at the Lower Springs.

Gene

www.generubinaudio.com

Dodge 4x4 2500 Cummins, 6 spd manual, ATC Ocelot Shell. Tesla Model S, 85KWH, 2018 Tesla Model 3 (3 of them!!)

#9 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:54 AM

Sounds like good fun Gene, i'm familiar with the pool. I was thinking what a coincidence it would have been to meet you up there as well. How are things looking since the fire, any new growth? Last time I was up there (last year, i think) was not long after the Zaca fire and it was pretty burnt and spooky.

We were up near the Cuyama lookout in Santa Barbara Canyon that weekend, like you we didn't see a soul. It's nice to know there are still places one can escape to on one of the biggest camping weekends of the year!

Glad you snuck a Saline run in while it was not too hot, I think it's off my list until fall.

Sunman

#10 generubin

generubin

Electric Baja

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:06 AM

Sunman,

Potrero is starting to green up nicely. You know, whenever I am there I always see so many bear tracks and bear poops but I still have not ever seen any bear there. One time, though, I saw a deer kick a stone several times over a 100 foot distance to knock it into the pool. Then it went back up the hill chose another stone and kicked it all the way into the water as well.

In a bit over a week, Anne and I are headed up to Canada's NWT. We'll arrive Inuvik about 300 miles north of the arctic circle. The final 500 miles are dirt road where I always see grizzlies, caribou and a couple of times wolves. It is my favorite dirt road anywhere. (We would have waited 'till next year but just in case Anne's health doesn't hang in there, we thought we'd better go now).

Talk to Jay, maybe Spring 2011, you'd like to join us for a Baja Whales trip.

Gene

www.generubinaudio.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users