FWC Interior Photos

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:12 AM

well how bout' it. some pics of the inside of the campers! have seen some really cool set ups out there. i really enjoy checking out everyone's personal modifications to the interior of their campers...i have already gotten some great ideas! here's mine, nothing too serious right now but a great paint job (in my opinion) by my girlfriend to lighten things up...but surely more to follow. cheers!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMGP1126.jpg
  • IMGP1127.jpg
  • IMGP1132.jpg
  • IMGP1135.jpg

Erod 2002 Tacoma, TRD supercharger, exhaust, headers, URD 3.4L 5VZ-FE Toyota Truck Supercharger Fuel Upgrade Kit, ARB front bumper, OME shocks and coils, OME 7 leaf packs, Ride-rite airbags. 2002 FWC Eagle

#2 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:14 AM

few more...

Attached Thumbnails

• IMGP1141.jpg
  • IMGP1136.jpg
  • IMGP1130.jpg

Erod 2002 Tacoma, TRD supercharger, exhaust, headers, URD 3.4L 5VZ-FE Toyota Truck Supercharger Fuel Upgrade Kit, ARB front bumper, OME shocks and coils, OME 7 leaf packs, Ride-rite airbags. 2002 FWC Eagle

#3 Coop

Coop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationEastern Sierra CA

Posted 01 June 2007 - 03:40 AM

erod.

Very nice, bright interior. The white cabinetry is a very nice touch in lightenening and brightening up the interior. Your girlfriend did a neat job!

I'm curious as to what prep' she did to get the paint to take on the laminate/synthetic surfaces?

Also, you obviously have what appears to be the original TAN top material, which I've always liked in my older Keystone, rather than that dark gray material they are using now. Which I think "darkens" down the interior far more than I'd like.
The fabric appears to be in very, very good shape/condition!
What year is your camper? Is that the "original" material? Or have you had that top fabric replaced at all?

Coop.

#4 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 01:37 PM

the camper is a 93' or 92', ben wasn't quite sure...the sticker id from denver and says 92' but pretty sure it was mad in california. cool finding out the history of these campers. it is the original fabric as far as i know. the previous owner took extremely good care of this unit so its in great shape. i am adding the arctic pack over thanksgiving to help me through the winter but staying with the original fabric until now...doesn't leak, no mold. yea, my girlfriend spent a bunch of time on that paint job and we are really happy with how it turned out. she also dyed the curtains as well, i like the colord of the camper and it definately brightens it up! i am pretty sure she primed and painted it...not sure on the paint type...i was at work when it all went down. thanks for the nice comments though, i will send them on to her.

side note: anyone have any ideas/pics of what to do with the area to the right of the stove, inbetween the cabinets and the slider window. good storage there, deep area, might be too deep for a pantry...currently it makes a great place for campchairs! cheers! post yer' pics!

#5 simimike

simimike

• Members
  • 860 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley Ca.

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:13 PM

Here's the interior of my camper. I store the table and stand in the area to the right of the stove. I never liked putting it behind the sofa. Always seemed to fall over on rough roads. You can see my Weber Q 100 loaded and ready to burn dead animal parts. MMMM.. MMM tasty.

Attached Thumbnails

• truck pic1.jpg
  • truck pic2.jpg

#6 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:28 PM

nice photos...and grill!

#7 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 24 June 2007 - 06:56 PM

Here is the first batch of interior photos with an explanation of each in posting order.

1. I cut 14" off the couch and added a wall cab. and hinged lid over the porta potti.
2. Removed sliding doors and tracks from upper cab. and added 1/2" birch plywood overlay doors. The hinge geometry was dictated by the wall cab doors. The bungees over the top are the safety latches.
3. Wall cab. with adjustable shelves, the shelf supports retain top & bottom. I had to relocate the CO detector which would have been half inside the cab.
4. Lid makes a great end table or seat.
5. Upgraded Porta Potti-the factory option is the smallest one made and was very inconvenient to use

More shots to follow in the next post.

Attached Thumbnails

• phpU3gcXFPM.jpg
  • phplnMVMTPM.jpg
  • phpot7gRSPM.jpg
  • phpcQv8fMPM.jpg
  • phpGb9tzSPM.jpg

DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#8 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 07:16 PM

Here is the second batch of interior shots.

1. Replaced the lower cab. doors to match the upper cab. The barrel bolts are the best safety latch I've come up with so far though I don't like the bulky nature of them. Oops, I forgot tho remove the protective cardboard we use when the bikes are inside.
2. Replacing the doors added about 1 1/2" of usable space and allows our classic camping plates to fit.
3. General count layout that most everybody already knows.
4. Added small shelf under sink with bungee retainers.

Only four more pictures to follow in the next post.

Attached Thumbnails

• php5JRCGjPM.jpg
  • phptf4MZWPM.jpg
  • phpAVtrVlPM.jpg
  • phptbnGqdPM.jpg

DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#9 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 07:35 PM

Here are the last four interior shots.

1. Added a full height partition to the rear space step to form a cubby that works great for food storage. In front I added a shelf w/ strap retainer for misc. container storage
2. General floor shot showing relocated fire extinguisher.
3. Velcro hooks provide a great place to hang your hat.
4. My wife came up with the idea and it works great. It's a piece of webbing folded over a wall hook and sewn with velcro on the back. We have found that the webbing doesn't need to be so long and would be more stable if it was shorter.

That's the last of the pictures for now and I hope this whole thing isn't too long winded for you.

Attached Thumbnails

• phpgNjPIuPM.jpg
  • phpTMgYAzPM.jpg
  • phpSHTjr4PM.jpg
  • php146NUgPM.jpg

#10 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 07:40 PM

eRod, in looking back through this post I realized I forgot to tell you how much I liked the paint job on your interior. The white really does open up the space nicely. Tell your girlfriend she did a great job. Compliments.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users