Stickers

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:32 PM

anyone know of a good way to get off old, worn off, FWC stickers? got some new ones, the old ones are sun baked on! any good techniques?

Erod 2002 Tacoma, TRD supercharger, exhaust, headers, URD 3.4L 5VZ-FE Toyota Truck Supercharger Fuel Upgrade Kit, ARB front bumper, OME shocks and coils, OME 7 leaf packs, Ride-rite airbags. 2002 FWC Eagle

#2 simimike

simimike

• Members
  • 860 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley Ca.

Posted 08 June 2007 - 11:02 PM

Try using a hair drier to heat up the sticker and a thumb nail or a soft plastic spatula to scrape with. WD40 should remove the adhesive. Than soap and water to get the WD40 off. Good luck and let us know how you do get them off.

#3 benburnett

benburnett

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 12:01 AM

Previous post should remove them. Another alternative to removing the adhesive is a product by Malco called adhesive and label remover. Part # 116832.

The stuff works great and will not harm the paint.
Sincerely,

Ben

www.bsbinstitute.com

email: benbntt@gmail.com

#4 EdoHart

EdoHart

Grasshopper

• Members
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationSanta Maria, CA

Posted 09 June 2007 - 02:20 AM

I have found for other stickers that if the hair dryer method doesn't get all of the old material off, a little WD-40 and mild elbow grease does a pretty good job. Of course once the sticker is removed you need to clean off the WD-40 with soap and water.

#5 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:13 PM

now i just need to find a hair dryer;) , i'll let you all know how it goes! thanks, cheers!

Erod 2002 Tacoma, TRD supercharger, exhaust, headers, URD 3.4L 5VZ-FE Toyota Truck Supercharger Fuel Upgrade Kit, ARB front bumper, OME shocks and coils, OME 7 leaf packs, Ride-rite airbags. 2002 FWC Eagle

#6 Blazer

Blazer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationLompoc CA

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:29 PM

I'm trying to SAVE my stickers.... decal really, for "Blazer" with Colorado address! (but I let Ben add a Woodland sticker years later!)

Art
'86 Blazer

#7 CLynn85

CLynn85

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 01:18 AM

Goof Off is also an excellent adhesive remover, but you have to use it with caution.
-Carl 2007 Tacoma TRD with Eagle/RangerII?????

#8 John D

John D

• Members
  • 465 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 11 June 2007 - 03:23 AM

Restoration and custom cars is a hobby with me, including but not limited to 4 years of formal night school training in auto body work. There is a tool used in body shops comprised by a white colored rubber wheel about 3 inches in diameter by one half inch thick. It is called a pen stripe or logo eraser. It is mounted on an air driven disk sander and used much like a big eraser. After removal, the surface is wiped down with lacquer thinner and finished with 600 or 1500 wet and dry, then compounded and polished. When paint is needed, the area is sanded, primed and painted and sometimes with clear coat only if the job is a repair. With base clear paint, the clear coat if applied after the stripes, air brushing, flames, logo, etc. It is difficult to sand a factory surface fair without erasing the pen stripe or logo first because logos and stripes are frequently applied over the finished surface. Trucks and campers may be painted with single stage and no clear coat. These days almost all cars/custom paint is base clear and will finish with the clear surface completely fair over "trick art." Refinishing these surfaces is another problem altogether.

#9 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 03:09 PM

nice, thanks john, appreciate the insight. haven't tackled this yet...started a new job last week and it has kept me busy but planning on getting to it soon! does anyone have stickers on their campers? i will probably put an ExPo sticker on there and a WTW one if someone comes up with the design...i will let everyone know how it goes and what method i choose...seems like FWC should do this for free for me since i am advertising their product:D ! thanks again everyone.

#10 EdoHart

EdoHart

Grasshopper

• Members
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationSanta Maria, CA

Posted 12 June 2007 - 04:15 AM

I just realized you had posted the WD-40 method for removing the gum from the stickers. Makes my post rather redundant.

On a similar topic, I realized that the sticker on my FWC is getting a little tired looking. I usually remove advertising from my vehicles (license plate frames, etc.) but because of the great support FWC has shown, I'll be glad to clean up the old sticker and put a fresh one on. Stan if you want to send me a private message, I'll give you my address.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users