• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 camelracer

camelracer

• Members
  • 960 posts
  • LocationGoleta, Ca

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:51 AM

I ran across this on a Tundra today. It looks like it goes up like a hard sided tent. I believe it has a heater and water.

Any ideas what it is?

Attached Files

2002 Fiat 2500 CTD 4x4, FWC Grandby 1951 Willys CJ3A

#2 Overland Hadley

Overland Hadley

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationLake Superior North

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

Any ideas what it is?

I have run across the website before, but I do not remember what the name was. If it is what I remember, it opens up to an A frame, making for a ''cozy'' interior.
Nathanael - Large Format Landscape Photography
www.KuenzliPhotography.com

2012 Four Wheel Camper - The FWC Build
"If life was fair, Utah would be closer to home" DD

#3 Alley-Kat

Alley-Kat

Elder Statesman

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • LocationPacific Ocean

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

Yep, I've seen and met him once at Albertson's on Calle Real, I sort of remember his name as... Don. He didn't have time to show me his rig, however, here's my memory of what he did say about it. It's no longer made by the company (AlpineLite or Chalet, I can't remember), however they still make the same top in a trailer unit. "A-Frame" type, not a lot of head room, except in the center, and he's single, so no one else to bump into he says. He said he added the padlocks for security. I gave him my contact card, but have yet to hear from him.

#4 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

I remember checking out the "chalet" trailer types...found some comments that they will rattle themselves apart if taken off pavement a lot. I always liked the idea and never saw the truck version. It's got potential IMO.
Once had 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4 5.7 SR5 w/ Firestone bags, Bilstein 5100s in front, Total Chaos shackles rear, 275/70/18 E rated Michelin LTX AT2
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

Now, just roaming around in a stock Land Cruiser (not stock for long though... bawahahha [evil laugh])

#5 camelracer

camelracer

• Members
  • 960 posts
  • LocationGoleta, Ca

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:36 AM

A couple of years ago my neighbor asked me if I knew anything about Chalet trailers. I looked into them and this reminded me of what I found but I don't remember seeing a truck mount.

Question answered.
2002 Fiat 2500 CTD 4x4, FWC Grandby 1951 Willys CJ3A

#6 Chukar Hunter

Chukar Hunter

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationVirginia City Nevada

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

I have seen the trailers and always thought it would be cool to remove the axle and put it on a flatbed truck.

#7 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

There was a couple camped with a Chalet trailer at Pike Creek on the east side of the Steens when I was there last week.

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#8 EdoHart

EdoHart

Grasshopper

• Members
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationSanta Maria, CA

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:14 AM

I ran across this on a Tundra today. It looks like it goes up like a hard sided tent. I believe it has a heater and water.

Any ideas what it is?

I think a better question is "What is that airplane in the background of the second picture with the big "A" on a white background against a red, vertical strip on the vertical stabilizer?"

#9 Alley-Kat

Alley-Kat

Elder Statesman

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • LocationPacific Ocean

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:47 AM

Bucket List thread.

The Collings Foundation brought a B17, B24 and P51 to town for tours and rides to Santa Barbara airport.

#10 EdoHart

EdoHart

Grasshopper

• Members
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationSanta Maria, CA

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:26 AM

Bucket List thread.

The Collings Foundation brought a B17, B24 and P51 to town for tours and rides to Santa Barbara airport.

Wow, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users