14 replies to this topic

#1 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,033 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:16 AM

I have three days off and as much as I'd like to avoid the holiday crowds, I have to go when I have time. I'm thinking about doing the white mountains, bristlecone pine forest. I hope those that went earlier had a good time, never saw a trip report. I'm worried if I don't do it now I'll run into weather issues by the time work slows enough to get more time off. Long drive for three days but its a nice drive. Load up on energy drinks and I can probably leave work and make green creek friday night.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#2 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,607 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:21 AM

...I'm thinking about doing the white mountains, bristlecone pine forest. I hope those that went earlier had a good time, never saw a trip report...

Great destination, Craig -- one of the highest places you can drive to, avoiding the late-summer heat.

I'll be a month or so behind you...
Have a good one. :)

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#3 brp

brp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

We (myself, son, girlfriend, dog) are headed to SW Colorado and the 4 corners area on Saturday. We have 13 days total to wander, so about 9 in the area and two each way to Minneapolis. I can't wait, just getting rough plans made up today and gladly taking suggestions.

#4 Phird05

Phird05

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationCrested Butte, CO

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

Heading to the Four Corners Folk Festival in Pagosa Springs on Friday with my daughter and one of her friends. Three days off, great company, good music and three days of camper life. I can't wait!

Good Camping All,

Paul
2008 F-150 5.4L QC 4x4, ride rite air bags, 2009 Hallmark Milner LX

#5 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,382 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

Heading to the Four Corners Folk Festival in Pagosa Springs on Friday with my daughter and one of her friends. Three days off, great company, good music and three days of camper life. I can't wait!

Good Camping All,

Paul

Looks like a good one Paul. Have a great weekend!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#6 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,382 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

Okay, the Lady has three days off. I'll still be bandaged up and not suppose to do much at all. So if we travel, it will be different from our usual trips. I hope to be able to drive by the weekend. Where should we go?

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#7 4llamas

4llamas

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationSW Willamette Valley, Oregon

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:07 AM

Sounds like some nice trips you all have planned. Be safe and have a great time.

As much as possible I don't travel on holidays (more room for those who must). But after Labor Day I will be taking a couple of the llamas and a buddy into the Three Sisters Wilderness. After that I'm looking at some fishing lakes on the south side of the Eagle Cap Wilderness. Don't you just love September!

beep beep

#8 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior

• Members
  • 3,320 posts
  • LocationNevada City, CA

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:05 PM

Okay, the Lady has three days off. I'll still be bandaged up and not suppose to do much at all. So if we travel, it will be different from our usual trips. I hope to be able to drive by the weekend. Where should we go?

SR and I are in the same boat, er camper! Where to boondock w/o crowds? I've got some ideas around TNF land near Meadow Lk, even tho the quads will be everywhere you can drive. We might hike to French Lk (no vehicle access) for a swim. We're still brainstorming for ideas.

Remember, tomorrow is a blue moon to kick off the holiday.

2021 RAM 3500 Crew 4x4, 6.4 hemi/8 speed trans with 4.10 gears, Timber Grove bags, Falken Wildpeak 35" tires.

OEV Aluma 6.75 flatbed, Bundutec Odyssey camper on order for 2024

For this year we're still using our 2008 FWC Hawk with victron DC-DC charger, 130w solar, MPPT controler

with 2000w inverter and external 120v output and 12v solar input with 100w portable solar.   http://lighthawkphoto.com

#9 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,033 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:50 PM

Well I'm mostly packed up, tons of food. I should be off work somewhat early, hopefully I can make it a ways before dark. I wonder what I'll forget this time?

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#10 d tree's

d tree's

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationSO Cal

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:03 AM

Good Camping All,

Paul

that sounds awesome !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users