10 replies to this topic

#1 oxnard111

oxnard111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationVentura/Oxnard CA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:11 AM

I'm super excited to pick up a lightly used 2007 Six Pac T100S this Saturday. It will be going on my 2006 Tacoma 4x4 Double cab long bed.

I installed the Firestone Ride Rite helper springs last night. I've got a rubber bed mat coming in the mail tomorrow.

The guy I'm buying it from currently has it mounted on a Tacoma also, so I'm getting the Tork Lift tie downs and with Happijac spring loaded turn buckles as a package deal.

Anything else I should be aware before making the 3 hour drive to pick it up?

The camper has 9000 BTU roof air, 3 way fridge with freezer, heater, water heater, and is super clean.

#2 Stan@FourWheel

Stan@FourWheel

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:23 AM

What model & year truck did the camper come off of?

Stan Kennedy --- Four Wheel Pop-up Campers
1400 Churchill Downs Avenue, Suite A

Woodland, CA 95776
(800) 242-1442 or (530) 666-1442
www.fourwh.com  ---  e-mail = stan@fourwh.com

#3 Overland Hadley

Overland Hadley

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationLake Superior North

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

Congrats. Sounds like a nice camper.

Be sure to share some photos with us.
Nathanael - Large Format Landscape Photography
www.KuenzliPhotography.com

2012 Four Wheel Camper - The FWC Build
"If life was fair, Utah would be closer to home" DD

#4 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,344 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

Congrats. Sounds like a nice camper.

Be sure to share some photos with us.

Yes, please do and congrats. It will be fun and good for us to see different approaches and ideas.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#5 oxnard111

oxnard111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

What model & year truck did the camper come off of?

It is currently on a 2006 Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab.

#6 oxnard111

oxnard111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

I originally was looking for a pop-up camper. I've been looking on and off for the past couple of years, but very heavily for the past 3-4 weeks.

The primary reason for the search of a pop up is that I want to store the camper on the side of my house. To access the the side yard I only have 84 inches of clearance to make it under one of the roof eves.

But then I realized that I can drive through my backyard to access this same location without any clearance issues. I then widened my search to hard side campers also. See pictures attached.

I don't plan on really doing any off roading so vertical clearance under trees shouldn't be an issue. I plan on taking it out pismo beach every once in a while, but that is about it.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Stan@FourWheel

Stan@FourWheel

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:30 PM

Fit should be the same.

That works in your favor.

Have fun with the new camper.

: )

———————————————

It is currently on a 2006 Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab.

Stan Kennedy --- Four Wheel Pop-up Campers
1400 Churchill Downs Avenue, Suite A

Woodland, CA 95776
(800) 242-1442 or (530) 666-1442
www.fourwh.com  ---  e-mail = stan@fourwh.com

#8 oxnard111

oxnard111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

Picked up the camper. I only have a couple pictures so far.

The camper is clean. It needs a new battery, so he knocked $100 off the purchase price.

His tork-lift tie downs were for the OEM Tacoma receiver hitch where my truck has an aftermarket, so I had to use some ratchet straps to get it home. My neighbor helped me to modify the rear tie downs and we welded them to my receiver. I'll post a picture of that soon.

My truck road nice with the camper. Aired the bags up to 40 lbs. I drove it home around 55mph and I'd estimate I got around 14mpg compared to my normal average of 17mpg.

There are two positive battery cables coming into the battery compartment. One of them had black tape around the connector and hasn't been utilized by the previous owner. I'm not sure what it does.

There is one switch on the inside that I can't figure out what it does. I guess I'll figure it out in time because everything else seems to be working.

525302_10101527346522154_1635012833_n.jpg photo.JPG

#9 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,296 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

That's a nice rig.Have fun with it.Many happy travels.
Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#10 solinski

solinski

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Locationredding,ca.

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:29 PM

Do you still own your 2007 Six Pac T100S? I have the same camper but the year is 2004. I  Installed it on a 2015 Tacoma Access cab 4x4 TRD. I have used for one year. Mostly fall and winter camping on Mount Shasta and Mount Lassen. How is the combination working out for you? Anything really negative you have discovered? I am seriously thinking about an All Terrain Bobcat popup that will be installed more or less permanently, I hope this will make the truck more of a daily driver. I am also of advanced age and don't like taking off and installing the Six Pac. Anyone out there in Wanderthewest give me your 2 cents on Six Pac Hard-side  vs All terrrain Bobcat popup? I'm all ears for your opinions and ideas. I would like to venture on less maintained roads but the the Six Pac seems to :unsure: attract trees branches!

Solinski

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users