The Wildlife Photography Thread

Shot today in my backyard. Had just taken a rabbit and had been feeding on it. Was perched in the tree keeping an eye on his spoils. Taken from a good distance with a 500 MM.

Eagle-2-L.jpg

Don't you just want to cuddle with a warm and fuzzy opossum at -5 degrees?

Spent today downloading images from three weeks ago for Minnesota trip. Maybe retirement I'll look at them all. ;)

Attachments

• 140125_PP9007.jpg
    140125_PP9007.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 35
Cool photos! Water for frogs, a great juvenile eagle, and the first cuddly opossum I've seen in a while. My memory of opossums is that of very sharp teeth.

Park, which 500 are you shooting?

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Cool photos! Water for frogs, a great juvenile eagle, and the first cuddly opossum I've seen in a while. My memory of opossums is that of very sharp teeth.

Park, which 500 are you shooting?
Sigma 150-500 Tele

Saw this Burring Owl but did not get a good opportunity for a good shot. Did some liberties in the edit for the outcome.

Attachments

• 130503_PP1536.jpg
    130503_PP1536.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 41
Thanks, you should see the original.

Trumpeter swans on the Hudson St. Croix River at the town of Hudson Wisconsin at minus 22 degrees. Sorry just a small file size for now for web posting.

Edit, thanks to takesiteasy for the second time I have been corrected as to where I was.

Attachments

• 140122_PP2742.jpg
    140122_PP2742.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 42
Not a professional like others, use a canon pocket camera. I don't live in the mountains with the big wild life but do have some in the back yard.

bee1.jpg

bee2.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. It is fun to sift though this site and see what the ancients (ok long standing members) have shared.

Bill I like your shot, that pollinator looks the size of a small bat.

I'll jump in here, so to speak. Abert Rim Bighorn from a few years back. This ram came walking up behind us as we hiked the edge of the rim. Wind coming from his direction so I think he was completely baffled as to what we were up to. I dropped to the ground below line of sight and changed to the longer lens I had with me, not enough mm's but still super cool to see him bounding away across incredibly rough terrain.
The next morning we saw about 60 of his brothers and sisters leaving the ephemeral lake close by after their morning drink.

Attachments

• AbertRim_BigHorn_JDavis-1.jpg
    AbertRim_BigHorn_JDavis-1.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 69
Cool story with the pic, Craggyman. Yeah, we always want more reach.
It's a great action shot. Is this the full image, or do you have some room to do a modest crop?

Lighthawk - This is already cropped a little bit. The combination of my older 10 MP sensor and really a not very sharp lens makes any cropping/zooming look pretty soft. I dumped this older 24-85 lens from my film days for a new 16-85 VR version that was really perfect for my DX Nikons.

Back
Top Bottom