• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 caseboy

caseboy

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationkey center,wa.

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:13 AM

i just saw my first alaskan of this year on the road today.  since we got ours, they seem to be all over.  this one was on key peninsula, wa.  it was a cabover on a white truck.  the weather here is bad(lots of rain) right now, but we've found great times camping in bad weather in our alaskan.  i haven't seen this one before ,so i'm not sure if they are local or visiting.  i'm always surprised and happy to find and meet folks near me with alaskans and talk campers . if any of you are near me, please give a shout out.

wes

#2 Henricksen

Henricksen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationNorthern New Mexico

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:27 PM

i just saw my first alaskan of this year on the road today.  since we got ours, they seem to be all over.  this one was on key peninsula, wa.  it was a cabover on a white truck.  the weather here is bad(lots of rain) right now, but we've found great times camping in bad weather in our alaskan.  i haven't seen this one before ,so i'm not sure if they are local or visiting.  i'm always surprised and happy to find and meet folks near me with alaskans and talk campers . if any of you are near me, please give a shout out.

wes

Yes I agree it is always a pleasure to run into other Alaskan camper folks on the road.  I grew up not very far from you in a little place called Parkland and moved to Bellingham where I lived for 25 and some years.  However, I had to look up where Key Center, Wa. was.

I have been on the peninsula many times via Narrows Bridge but must have had my eyes closed when I passed the signs to Key Center.  When we purchased our 2006 camper from Bryan we were on our way out of Washington and are settled in Northern New Mexico( specifically, Taos area).  So in our travels around the West we are really surprised when we see an Alaskan.  A couple of years ago my wife and I spent a winter in Bellingham visiting family and living mostly in our Camper. We learned the hard way about winter NW moisture combined with living in the camper and mildew!!  Our timing was not good and since then we have dealt with the condensation much more wisely and won't try to do it in the winter of Washington again. So this is a shout from a ways away.

Happy camping,

Henricksen

#3 caseboy

caseboy

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationkey center,wa.

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:31 AM

thanks for the shout out. it's always amazing how and where we end up.i'm a Californian originally , but moved up here in the third grade. i guess the rain has washed all traces of California out of me by now.i still like to visit down there though. heck ,at this age, i'm happy to visit anywhere.

wes 

#4 Desertsailboat

Desertsailboat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSierra's

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:32 PM

Wes,

I don't think that was my rig, but seems as though we have very similar rigs and I live on the Key peninsula. 

alaskan 2

#5 caseboy

caseboy

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationkey center,wa.

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

no that wasn't it. it was a cabover. it's nice to know i have a neighbor(sort of). i'm down jackson lake road. where are you on the k.p.? it would be nice to meet up and yak.  253 884 2960

wes

#6 Rusty

Rusty

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationPort Angeles, Washington

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:32 PM

thanks for the shout out. it's always amazing how and where we end up.i'm a Californian originally , but moved up here in the third grade. i guess the rain has washed all traces of California out of me by now.i still like to visit down there though. heck ,at this age, i'm happy to visit anywhere.

wes 

washed out everything but those ever so slight traces of "In and Out" burgers ;)

2003 Ford 250 Superduty Crew.... 7.3L PowerStroke diesel 1970 10" NCO Alaskan Firestone airbags pulling a 18' Silver Streak runabout

#7 caseboy

caseboy

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationkey center,wa.

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:10 PM

oh! man!  now you got me hungry!  it's been soooo long since i had a double double and fries.the nearest one is 12hrs away in redland. i've thought more than once about making the drive.

wes

#8 Rusty

Rusty

• Members
  • 931 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

Call In and Out and tell them you can't stand it without the appropriate "burger fix"....

I spoke with them a bit ago to see if they were planning development in Washington anywhere....not yet...but with a little encouragement...who knows....

I told them I was planning a camping trip and was locating all the "In and Outs" to see where the best stop for lunches on the road while moving camp locations was.....I could hear the laughter in the background

BTW....nice looking rig, Wes

I wish I could find a CO to project up...missed a couple in the last month...darn 

2003 Ford 250 Superduty Crew.... 7.3L PowerStroke diesel 1970 10" NCO Alaskan Firestone airbags pulling a 18' Silver Streak runabout

#9 caseboy

caseboy

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationkey center,wa.

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:28 AM

thanks rusty,

coming from you that means a lot. you put so much care into painting yours that yours must be as sharp inside as out.  i hope to do more on mine this year if i can pry myself out of the recliner. i did manage to fire up the built in heater yesterday , but it doesn't seem to put out much heat. our little wave catalytic heats great and is portable. i hope to wire all the lights in to replace the puck lights i use now. we also need to recover our cushions. it will probably never be totally done. i sure love the extra room the co has to offer over our 10' nco that we had. the side dinette floorplan is easy to camp in without bumping into eachother and it's so nice not to change from bed to seats and back again.

wes

#10 Rusty

Rusty

• Members
  • 931 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

One of the CO's I missed was a side dinette................. :angry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users