• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 100acrehuphalump

100acrehuphalump

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • LocationIn a pool of clear crystalline water. Appalachia

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:22 AM

So where do you go when you have to go? Some people dig a hole, some find a nice log, but in this modern day and age when camping among our fellow adventure enthusiasts, one must adhere to quality, courtesy, and good sanitation practices when in the bush. So my question is what do you have with you on your long trips into the hinterboonies. Do you lug a Porta Potty, a Thetford, or a five gallon bucket with a Luggable Loo? Where is it one goes when one has to poo? Besides a shower, how do you keep your spouses happy with some of the more modern comforts while away from home? What is your preferred modem of latrine?

Edited by 100acrehuphalump, 24 March 2015 - 04:26 AM.

2012 F150 XL V8, 4X4, S-Cab, Warn VL 10,000, Bull Bar, E Rated Cooper Discoverer AT/3, Rigid Industries Dually Spots
2015 FWC Hawk
M416 Expedition Trailer
Bayleaf Woof!

#2 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,612 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:28 AM

Your latrine has a modem??

Wow! Talk about modern conveniences. ;)

Thetford Porta Potti but only in lieu of a loo. Getting better at dumping Porta Potti in an RV sani-dump.

Paul
I thought getting old would take longer.

#3 JHa6av8r

JHa6av8r

• Validating
  • 510 posts
  • Location.

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:29 AM

We carry a PETT toilet and WAG bags and for the middle of the night Little Johns with a Lady J adapter for my wife.

Edited by JHa6av8r, 24 March 2015 - 06:30 AM.

#4 ETAV8R

ETAV8R

• Members
  • 906 posts
  • LocationRepublik of Kalifornia

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:08 AM

5gal bucket with seat. I have wag bags and extra bags with cat litter on board the camper. I've only used it once. Guess I haven't gotten off the grid enough. My favorite place to travel to has a pit toilet. The 5gal bucket is usually used for trash.

Founder of D.E.R.P. Desert Exploration & Research Project. A camp proper is a nomads biding place. He may occupy it for a season or only for a single night, according as the site and its surroundings please or do not please the wanderers whim- Horace Kephart.

2009 4x4 Tacoma Access Cab-The Gini

2013 Silver Spur Finch Shell- The Oxcart/Gini's Burden-

http://www.wanderthe...ory/#entry83606

#5 Dughlas Stiubhart

Dughlas Stiubhart

It's good to be Stew

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationSE CO

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:47 AM

When off the grid (most of the time) I visit the woods or the sagebrush with a spade and dig a good hole.  In more populated camps with zero amenities, I use Wag Bags with a cheap, fold-up potty seat (not PETT).  

Stew

2007 Custom All Terrain Camper Panther Shell on 2012 Toyota Tundra 4x4 in SE CO

#6 100acrehuphalump

100acrehuphalump

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • LocationIn a pool of clear crystalline water. Appalachia

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:25 PM

Your latrine has a modem??
Wow! Talk about modern conveniences. ;)
Thetford Porta Potti but only in lieu of a loo. Getting better at dumping Porta Potti in an RV sani-dump.
Paul

It should've said mode...of commode.
2012 F150 XL V8, 4X4, S-Cab, Warn VL 10,000, Bull Bar, E Rated Cooper Discoverer AT/3, Rigid Industries Dually Spots
2015 FWC Hawk
M416 Expedition Trailer
Bayleaf Woof!

#7 Alley-Kat

Alley-Kat

Elder Statesman

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • LocationPacific Ocean

Posted 24 March 2015 - 01:46 PM

Thetford 465 Porta Potti with electric battery operated flush (when not in a campground with facilities) and an inside, nice and breeze free, with a clean and dry floor, portable shower powered by a Zodi Extreme outside the camper for my wife unit. When she's happy I get excellent cooked gourmet meals, then I'm happy. So, yeah, my ATC Bobcat is a mini RV. I can build a lot and keep it light weight into a very small space.

#8 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,589 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 24 March 2015 - 01:58 PM

When off the grid (most of the time) I visit the woods or the sagebrush with a spade and dig a good hole.  In more populated camps with zero amenities, I use Wag Bags with a cheap, fold-up potty seat (not PETT).

Hey, if you have to go, I don't want a visit ;-)

I am haunted by waters

#9 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:20 PM

We never pooped in our tent and likewise do not want to go in our camper. We'll use a rest room if available, otherwise just dig a hole. That can be inconvenient at times but it's part of camping. 

Stopped at a roadside hunter's camp the other day and saw this custom setup. Didn't use it.  ;)

gallery_4486_837_51118.jpg

2014 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 CTD, Crew Cab, 8' box, Hallmark Guanella 

#10 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:35 PM

I camp with a group each year we bring our own out house.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users