103 replies to this topic

#61 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 19 April 2019 - 06:31 AM

First night sleeping with the window open. ...

I'm not quite that bold -- yet... but I did have most windows and sliders open all day and into the evening.

Today was the warmest day we've had this year.  In fact, when I was outside in full sun mid-afternoon I almost wished it was a few degrees cooler!  :wacko: But I didn't want to jinx spring, so I suppressed that thought. :P

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#62 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,338 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:27 PM

Yup, don't want to jinx it! The Lady went skiing yesterday with Barking Spider to work on a ski trail. Barking said on their return, "She worked my butt off!" I said, "You asked her to come along and help." They ran into our ex county sheriff out snowshoeing with a buddy so it had to be a nice day. 

During my lunch break from work I watched bees on the peach tree blossoms and dreamed about plump peaches in the fall. :)

Should I dare take the snowblower and tire chains off the tractor?

I'm not quite that bold -- yet... but I did have most windows and sliders open all day and into the evening.

Today was the warmest day we've had this year.  In fact, when I was outside in full sun mid-afternoon I almost wished it was a few degrees cooler!  :wacko: But I didn't want to jinx spring, so I suppressed that thought. :P

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#63 JaSAn

JaSAn

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • 1,105 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:37 PM

. . . Should I dare take the snowblower and tire chains off the tractor?

Depends on how badly you want more snow  :P   You're already pushing it by taking snow tires off.

I leave my snowblower and shovels out and available until I need the lawn mower.  Learned those lessons the hard way growing up in Duluth.

Grass is starting to green up here after two days of rain.  Tree buds are starting to swell but not green yet.  Lilac started to bud two weeks ago.

Sköldpaddan, a 1977 FWC Grandby
Renovating Skoldpaddan
2012 Ram 2500 4X4
1951 Dodge Power Wagon

#64 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,338 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 03 May 2019 - 04:38 AM

The May 1st snow survey showed the snowpack in our part of the Sierra Nevada at 188% of normal.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#65 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 03 May 2019 - 04:43 AM

The May 1st snow survey showed the snowpack in our part of the Sierra Nevada at 188% of normal.

Excellent!

I haven't seen the latest survey for my area yet.  Usually published in the paper, but if not I guess I'll have to go looking for it.

#66 Occidental

Occidental

• Members
  • 366 posts
  • LocationHome is where you park it

Posted 03 May 2019 - 04:55 AM

MarkBC the Deschutes is 80% of normal as of today.  It drops off quickly in April, I think April 1 snowpack is the best gauge of the winter accumulation compared to normal overall for here.

https://www.wcc.nrcs...rmal_update.pdf

2020 Ford Ranger, 2012 Eagle

http://www.occidentalist.org

#67 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,589 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 03 May 2019 - 01:04 PM

I didn’t catch the source, but nightly news last night reported that the west coast was going to have a bad fire season. That isn’t good.

I am haunted by waters

#68 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,771 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 03 May 2019 - 02:34 PM

They say that every year now. Wet year, bad fire season. Dry year, bad fire season. Fire has been the norm the past several years now.

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#69 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,763 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 03 May 2019 - 03:10 PM

But these "70" temps sure do feel great :wub:! But those freezing temps on Monday and Tuesday were no fun-just part of this strange new weather pattern I guess! 

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#70 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:17 PM

MarkBC the Deschutes is 80% of normal as of today. ...

https://www.wcc.nrcs...rmal_update.pdf

Thanks for the link.

Looks like Steens Mt and other Great Basin areas of SE OR have plenty.

Aside from what's good for us and our world...I like the 10-day forecast for Bend:

Weather_20190503-1.jpg

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users