#11 yovik

yovik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationBaja Arizona

Posted Today, 02:10 AM

While our solution is nothing particularly unique, it works very well for us. I have a platform across the back that is constructed in two sections. On the platform I stack color coded Rubbermaid containers which are light weight, nest nicely and are easy to move around. Below the platform I carry two folding chairs, a CLAM screen house, and a variety of long thin items such as trekking poles, two small shovels, extended handle window squeegee, flash lights, an off road bottle jack, etc. The platform is in two sections for this reason: like Ronin, I too left the 1/3 seat in place. In the folded position it doesn't take up too much space and on several occasions I have had the need to carry a passenger in the back. When that happens, I simply remove the platform on that side so the passenger has foot room and away we go. On the rare times that that has occurred, I have stored the items removed for a passenger in the camper temporarily.

I've got a very similar setup to yours (2018 F150 Supercab +FWC Hawk) and am very interested to see the platform from the top view or as it appears once removed from the cab. I'd very much like to do something like this and could use some design inspiration. That said, if it's a pain to access and remove, Iunderstand. Alex
2008 F150 XLT SuperCab2006 Hawk<p>2010 2016 Trek Remedey 9.8, 1x, Ibis 938 Wheels

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users