sold!

#2 natjwest

natjwest

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationPortland Orygun

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:25 AM

Two questions:

1. Where did you get that awesome interior? What kind of material is it?

2. Why are you selling this awesome camper?
FWC-Owning Human

#3 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:31 AM

DD, you might want to throw up some more photos of the rest of the interior to show off the custom cushions too.

Two questions:

1. Where did you get that awesome interior? What kind of material is it?

2. Why are you selling this awesome camper?

I believe that is just white/black vinyl coated plywood, similar to the cab over material & lift panels, rather than a wood printed vinyl coating that most other campers have.

I'm wagering there is going to be another XP camper owner around these parts soon. ;)

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#4 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:46 AM

The interior materials are standard for the most part - it's just the color scheme that is custom. While I think that that the XPcamper is about 9.3 times better than anything else out there, sadly I can't afford one right now (although count me in as a future customer). I have a modest custom project in the works :)

#5 mtn-high

mtn-high

Campground Host- FUNKYTOWN

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • LocationHoward, CO

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:15 PM

Scared me fer a second, DD. I remember being 35'ish and having to sell all my toys to pay the OB/GYN....Posted Image

And in the end I ended up with 2 "custom projects". I'm sure other guys here can relate!

tic, toc, tic, toc....Posted Image

good luck!

mtn

Wherever ya go...there ya are.

#6 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:08 PM

I have a modest custom project in the works :)

You talking about it publicly yet? I've been stewing over doing a custom build as well. Current stage of research/planning/decision making is I'm planning to CAD up some interior layouts to see if I can settle on one to do final pricing off and also I'm going to pick up some sample materials to make sure I like working with them and get used to the properties. From there I'll pull together a final budget number and decide if I'll trigger on it or not.

Scared me fer a second, DD. I remember being 35'ish and having to sell all my toys to pay the OB/GYN....Posted Image

And in the end I ended up with 2 "custom projects". I'm sure other guys here can relate!

tic, toc, tic, toc....Posted Image

good luck!

mtn

Haha, our first custom project in 7mo right now. But luckily we planned ahead on it to get other things squared away so he hasn't caused any need to offload toys.

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#7 RJones

RJones

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationMtns of Colorado

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:42 PM

Truck Campers

General forum for discussion of truck campers. Please post in manufacturer specific sub-forums if available.

Subforums:

• 2,003 Topics
  • 19,587 Replies

RJones

02 Eagle - 07 Tacoma TRD

#8 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:28 PM

You talking about it publicly yet? I've been stewing over doing a custom build as well. Current stage of research/planning/decision making is I'm planning to CAD up some interior layouts to see if I can settle on one to do final pricing off and also I'm going to pick up some sample materials to make sure I like working with them and get used to the properties. From there I'll pull together a final budget number and decide if I'll trigger on it or not.

After taking a close look at the XPcamper and doing a lot of research since, I have decided that a flatbed camper is the only way to go. It solves an array of shortcomings with traditional slide-in truck campers. My hope is that I can demonstrate that for 2-4k more than a FWC or ATC, one can get a flatbed and camper that performs much better than a slide-in.

#9 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:19 AM

After taking a close look at the XPcamper and doing a lot of research since, I have decided that a flatbed camper is the only way to go. It solves an array of shortcomings with traditional slide-in truck campers. My hope is that I can demonstrate that for 2-4k more than a FWC or ATC, one can get a flatbed and camper that performs much better than a slide-in.

We're one the same page there, I'll be going flatbed as well w/ the front wall removed on the bed so the camper can sit closer to the cab. I'm thinking 7-7.5' long main camper on my shortbox. My current hawk is ~6'-8"or9" long and without a front on the flatbed I think I can move the camper ~3" forward so a 7' camper would be the same length as my current one and a 7.5' would only be 6" longer which I can live with.

If I do it I'd be planning on doing the build myself and current figures are looking like I could pull it off w/ one of the more affordable aluminum flatbeds for around $10k.

Currently debating interior plans: Either a side entry door near the front of the camper with a 40" wide dinette across the back that turns into a twin bed and ~4' long counter opposite the door (fridge along the front on the other side of the doorway). Or rear entry with a long isle way, 20" wide dinettes on either side (facing back to front) with 2'-2.5' long counters on either side of the front of the camper. The dinettes would be ~5' long and turn into single width beds and there would be an 18" foot box for the beds build into the cabinets (under the counter) to make 6.5' long single beds.

Either option would also have a cab over bed. Main goal is better use of space to accommodate 2 adults and 2 kids. Also better thermal insulation.

#10 Mark W. Ingalls

Mark W. Ingalls

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:58 PM

@pods8, @DirtyDog-

Sympathetic to your thoughts; have purchased a solid modeling package to facilitate this and other truck-related design projects.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users