#11 Mike S.

Mike S.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationHope, B.C.

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:50 AM

I will be at the NW expo in  Plain Wa. in June.

99 Dodge 2500 4x4 Diesel, 94 CO Alaskan 10', 10 ply BFGs Air bags,  VE7YHE

#12 Jon Nelson

Jon Nelson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationTraveling the southwest US from Costa Mesa CA

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:49 PM

Hey Johnnyb welcome to WTW and I hope to see you there. I will most likely be the tallest person there and with dog.

Well I had to join WTW just to throw down the challenge.  I'm 6'7" and will be in the only pop-top high roof Nissan van at Expo.  Someday I'll figure out how to add a pict under my name.  See you at Mormon Lake.  Jon

#13 100acrehuphalump

100acrehuphalump

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • LocationIn a pool of clear crystalline water. Appalachia

Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:06 AM

Well I had to join WTW just to throw down the challenge.  I'm 6'7" and will be in the only pop-top high roof Nissan van at Expo.  Someday I'll figure out how to add a pict under my name.  See you at Mormon Lake.  Jon

Hello Jon, I'd like to meet up with you. We can look down on everyone's heads. Maybe if we camp next to each other we can create the land of Nelson. We will both have tall pop ups. My interior height is 6'11".
2012 F150 XL V8, 4X4, S-Cab, Warn VL 10,000, Bull Bar, E Rated Cooper Discoverer AT/3, Rigid Industries Dually Spots
2015 FWC Hawk
M416 Expedition Trailer
Bayleaf Woof!

#14 Advmoto18

Advmoto18

• Members
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationCoastal Low Country, SC

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:39 PM

We will be attending our first OX-West in May.

At OX-East last fall, I noticed the folks camping in Land Rover Village having a grand time.

I was curious if the FWC family had such a village for campers during OX-West?

Thx!

Bill

Edited by Advmoto18, 18 April 2015 - 04:27 PM.

South Carolina Low Country.  

#15 NorCalHawk

NorCalHawk

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • LocationHumboldt County, California

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:12 PM

To all,

Curious I am....Just a simple question regarding Overland Expo vs. Overland Rally. 

As we all know, the 2015 Overland "Expo" in Flagstaff, AZ  is filled with great information, classes, training, etc., and some of the best experts/instructors in outdoor tactics. 

My question is:  Is the 2015 Overland "Rally" in Plain, WA (basically) the same event?

I hope to get to Flagstaff next month.

#16 100acrehuphalump

100acrehuphalump

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • LocationIn a pool of clear crystalline water. Appalachia

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:58 PM

To all,

Curious I am....Just a simple question regarding Overland Expo vs. Overland Rally. 

As we all know, the 2015 Overland "Expo" in Flagstaff, AZ  is filled with great information, classes, training, etc., and some of the best experts/instructors in outdoor tactics. 

My question is:  Is the 2015 Overland "Rally" in Plain, WA (basically) the same event?

I hope to get to Flagstaff next month.

I believe they are the same type of event but run by different entities.
2012 F150 XL V8, 4X4, S-Cab, Warn VL 10,000, Bull Bar, E Rated Cooper Discoverer AT/3, Rigid Industries Dually Spots
2015 FWC Hawk
M416 Expedition Trailer
Bayleaf Woof!

#17 JHanson

JHanson

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationTucson and Fairbanks

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:50 PM

Well, if I can chime in . . . The Overland Expo is a much, much larger event - which to be completely fair might or might not be to your liking. For this year's event in Mormon Lake, Arizona, we have - so far - 202 vendors registered, a new record by far. Also 160-some classes, and many, many demonstrations and talks. We have a superb driving course built by Land Rover, and a training area that includes a number of challenging obstacles. 

With all that, it is the social cohesion and camaraderie that attendees consistently tell us is their favorite part. We have more and more people in the middle of epic overland trips who schedule their route specifically to come to the Expo. It's getting so the parking lot is a show on its own.

Roseann and I own both the west and east Overland Expos. We are not affiliated in any way with the Overland Rally. I hope that helps.

#18 JHanson

JHanson

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationTucson and Fairbanks

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:54 PM

Incidentally, I'm 5'9" and fit anywhere. I have no sympathy for you tall guys - statistically you make more money and get more chicks.

#19 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:33 PM

Incidentally, I'm 5'9" and fit anywhere. I have no sympathy for you tall guys - statistically you make more money and get more chicks.

5'7" and agree. But Dan can wash his roof without a ladder. 

med_gallery_1903_342_425600.jpg

#20 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,614 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:55 PM

From my perspective, if your feet touch the ground, that's all that's needed.

At 6'2", I've got too many scars on my old bald head from running into low bridges. I also have enough arthritis to make me not want to get into low cabinets anymore. At our house, I get stuff out of the upper cabinets, and The Bride gets stuff out of the lower ones. As I said, it's all a matter of perspective... Best solved with teamwork.

I am haunted by waters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users