1 reply to this topic

#1 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:39 PM

Hey guys as a relative newcomer to Tucson I was wondering if any of you have been to Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point) recently. It's been 25 years since my last camping trip there when the entire beach was open for camping. I've googled the place looking for a place to camp that isn't in some RV park. I haven't found one but I'm betting that some one here knows all the best places. A little help here?

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#2 Rockjok

Rockjok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:57 PM

I spent a week there last winter and what remains of the beach is still open. Great place to visit!! It cost a few dollars a night but it was worth it since it pays for the security guards. I suspect that it won't be around much longer since the construction of new hotels was going on 7 days a week.

I decided not to go down there this year for a couple reasons including gas prices. Had a friend from Tucson tell me that there have been an increasing number of robberies between Lukeville at the border and Rocky Point. Probably wouldn't be a problem if you hooked up with some other RVers for the trip.

Someone said that there will be a highway under construction soon that will run along the ocean. That would hopefully open up a bunch of beach areas.

Rob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users