Photo

Hallmark owners - how is the dinette/ bed?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 Vic

Vic

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Locationcamping somewhere in the Sierra Nevada range

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:12 AM

Thanks all.  I finally found a good picture (video actually) of the gaucho sleeper sofa:  

https://www.facebook...&type=2

After studying it, I don't think its going to be a good solution for us after all.  Talked to Hallmark and they seemed happy to tweak a regular dinette to fit our needs a little better so just going to go that route.  

build thread coming soon...

"I took the road less traveled.  Now I don't know where I am"

2014 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel & Hallmark Everest.  (Former Rig - 99 Ram 2500/ 2000 Sunlite Eagle pop-up)

#12 enelson

enelson

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • LocationPrescott, Arizona

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:58 PM

That looks nice.  I think you'd be very happy with a swing away type table mount like the Springfield http://www.springfie...way-table-mount or the Lagun http://svhotwire.com...able-bracket-2/  The table and straight vertical post can really be in the way for the couch layout since its kind of in the center of the camper.

#13 Vic

Vic

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:39 AM

thanks - great options on the table.  We are actually going to go the dinette route but have the long leg (against the side wall) built deeper than stock so my daughter can sleep/ nap on that side with the table up and slid out of the way.  That's the way our current camper is build and after looking at a bunch of different options, just decided to go that way.  May pursue one of the above table mounts for that.  Thanks!

2014 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel & Hallmark Everest.  (Former Rig - 99 Ram 2500/ 2000 Sunlite Eagle pop-up)

#14 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:08 PM

Resurrecting this thread...
Vic did you get your camper?
How's it working for you and can you share some pictures?

Eddie
KO4CPL

Travel light. Travel far. Travel safe.

#15 Vic

Vic

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:44 PM

Eddie - great to meet you out on West Side Road last weekend.  What are the odds?

Anyway, the camper is working very well for us and the Hallmark has met all of my expectations.  

#16 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 21 February 2016 - 03:35 PM

Vic!
It was great meeting you and your family as well! My wife was dumbfounded that we would run into someone I met online on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere!
Glad to hear that you love your Hallmark and we can't wait to pick ours up in a couple of months.
Also, thanks for the tip on the flowers! We were blown away with all the beauty. We stopped and had lunch on that sunny slope and just basked in the colors and sunshine!
I will do a complete write up hear shortly as soon as I can get my ducks in order.

Edited by smlobx, 21 February 2016 - 03:36 PM.

Eddie
KO4CPL

Travel light. Travel far. Travel safe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users