Photo

EZLite Pop up campers?.....new brand to me?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 gbail

gbail

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • LocationSouthwest deserts or Northwest mountains

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:07 PM

This brand is a new one I just stumbled across.

Does anyone know anything bout their products or build quality, etc.?

http://www.ezlitecam.../plansspecs.php

#2 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:13 PM

Looks like a wood construction camper. Not sure I would want to take that off road.

#3 poriggity

poriggity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationLake Arrowhead, Ca

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:26 PM

Not too impressed with their website. No pictures of actual campers, just Floorplan drawings?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Wander The West mobile app

#4 K6ON

K6ON

Old & Soft

• Members
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:43 PM

This tells me all I need to know...Photo from their web site.

wood.jpg

2007 Dodge 2500 5.9 CTD QC 4X4, *1996 FWC/ATC hybrid* *2021.5 GeoPro 19FBS*  "If you can read this, Thank a Teacher.  Because you read this in English, Thank a Vet."

#5 rfg

rfg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:52 PM

Not too impressed with their website. No pictures of actual campers, just Floorplan drawings?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Wander The West mobile app

Plenty of photos on the site

2012 F350 Crew Cab SRW Diesel 6.75' bed
Outfitter Caribou Lite 6.5

#6 imix

imix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:57 PM

Looks like a wood construction camper. Not sure I would want to take that off road.

EZ lite seems more like a mom and pop shop, which is not a bad thing. Product looks like a decent, basic camper. Which is all some folks need/want. I know people who own wood framed campers, both pop up and hard sided and they have no issue taking them off road, provided its not TOO far off road. What I've noticed over the years is that you hardly ever see a wood framed camper over say about 15 yr old for sale, whereas you often see twenty, twenty five year old or even thirty year old FWC's for sale. If longevity is a driving factor in one's purchase then ATC or FWC is clearly the way to go. If however you want a basic camper to drive to the lake, take down a non washboard dirt road, then that camper might work for you.

Build times for both FWC and ATC are insane. Twenty weeks for FWC and 12-15 for ATC. Which tells me that the product is good, and there should be room for another company to step in and make a similar, perhaps more basic camper.

Couple of the few selling points of wood is....its warm, and quite easy to repair, as you don't need to be a welder.  Also, you could build your own with a few power tools, which I would love to do, if I could figure out a decent roof lift mechanism that a normal human being could design and install.

This dude is building his own pop up camper and selling "plans" but they are more like a motivational pep talk than actual plans. His new roof lift is....well, shall we just say, "interesting".

#7 GroovyDad

GroovyDad

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:19 PM

I keyed in on the wood construction too, which is NOT what I'd want.  Also, there doesn't appear to be a "Shell" option.  It's ATC/FWC for me.

"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." —John Muir. http://aimlessroamer.blogspot.com/

#8 snuffy

snuffy

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • LocationKernville Ca.

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:26 AM

Northstar campers are made of wood and they are as good as any camper on the market.  you dont find too many used because like fwc owners tend to keep them a long time. they too are made to last.. 

#9 Zaggnabit

Zaggnabit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:31 AM

The Alaskans are wood too.

Every once in a while a 40 year old Alaskan pops up for sale.

Good Wood Campers aren't bad.

This company though is a fair bit more expensive that the more proven ATC/FWC builds. That is the major downside.

#10 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,023 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:12 PM

They'll do custom work, thats an upside for some. 

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users