• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

#161 Bombsight

Bombsight

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationS.E. Texas

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:15 AM

Yes ... thermal pack. Couldn't think of the proper terminology. Its either shore power or generator with AC. I've used it 4 times with shore power and once with generator. No problems with either. Just make damn sure you remember to remove the cover on it outside. Beer made me forget once :wacko:.

... on another note, I'm going to fab a way to better direct the cool air output because the directional vents on it suck.

Edited by Bombsight, 14 July 2017 - 04:17 AM.

#162 popRoid

popRoid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:04 AM

Exceptional mods on the Hawk and your imagination is without a doubt outstanding.  I'm placing an order for a Hawk at Overland Expo East/Asheville, NC in September and wanted to say thank-you for your post here.  Looking forward to following this thread.

2018 10' Alaskan Cabover/2017 Ford  F350 Dually Diesel

#163 Bombsight

Bombsight

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationS.E. Texas

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:31 AM

Thanks, pop.

I think you're going to love that new Hawk. Let me know if you have any questions about 'em before you take delivery.

#164 Bombsight

Bombsight

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationS.E. Texas

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:01 PM

Applied Herculiner Bed Liner to the underside of my Hawk today. This stuff is tough as an anvil....

https://www.amazon.c...ords=herculiner

Attached Thumbnails

• wtw 0.jpg
  • wtw 1.jpg
  • wtw 3.jpg

Edited by Bombsight, 18 September 2017 - 07:04 PM.

#165 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,297 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:52 PM

Looks like that will give you a great seal of the underside of the camper.

That looks like the truck bed sealer on my 02 Tundra.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#166 cwdtmmrs

cwdtmmrs

• Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:41 AM

I used Herculiner on my camper 8-9 years ago. IMO it is the only way to go. Seals great and the camper won't slide either. I have posted several times about it, but never got much for positive responses.

cwd

CWDT

#167 CougarCouple

CougarCouple

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:02 PM

Hi Bombsight
Wow very nice all the personal touches y'all have done with the Hawk. I copied and saved a couple Amazon links. Would you provide your opinion on the basket on top. i.e. Lifting camper top loaded. Accessibility, what besides shower gear it's used for. Anything else you noticed. I envy camper house you got there, and yes it speaks out as to how much you love your rig!
Russ
F250 extended cab, Cougar from ATC. You guys rock thank you!

#168 Bombsight

Bombsight

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationS.E. Texas

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:35 PM

Hi Bombsight
Wow very nice all the personal touches y'all have done with the Hawk. I copied and saved a couple Amazon links. Would you provide your opinion on the basket on top. i.e. Lifting camper top loaded. Accessibility, what besides shower gear it's used for. Anything else you noticed. I envy camper house you got there, and yes it speaks out as to how much you love your rig!
Russ

Thanks, Russ!

The rack on top is a necessary evil. It can be cumbersome to get to sometimes but with space being VERY limited, I have to use it for things like chairs, Bar-b-que pit, etc.

Loaded top and lifting? Thats a personal issue which affects everyone differently because of their own strength imo.

Sometimes I think it can be done and then I find myself struggling. 

An extension ladder is a must to access the top with me because of the cargo rack and surfboards.

I do love my rig.  :P

#169 CougarCouple

CougarCouple

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:39 AM

Roger that bombsight. Thanks for the opinion there it real world and that's what I was looking for. Hear you on the storage problem.
I did see the ladder and was wondering why you have two. We have one like the one you shortened and put the yellow rubber dip, which I think is a good idea. I've been toying with wrapping some rubber electrical tape on mine. Sure makes it easier to go to bed.put ours in front of our bench and there is always something I can prop it up with. Usually we can open the back pop the rear only and have lunch, or what ever. Get back to work on the mods. Have you looked at Truckcampermagazine.com they got a mod section in there. You might see my floor mod, I won a crazy blue T shirt.

Russ
F250 extended cab, Cougar from ATC. You guys rock thank you!

#170 Bombsight

Bombsight

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationS.E. Texas

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:04 PM

RVlocks "Compact" door lock installed.

I LOVE IT! - Solid aftermarket product.

Saved 50 bucks ordering during the Cyber Monday deal.

Attached Thumbnails

• RV Lock 4.jpg
  • RVLock 2.jpg

Edited by Bombsight, 10 December 2017 - 08:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users