• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

#241 CougarCouple

CougarCouple

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:30 PM

Good Job. No fun having a/c and being hot.
Russ
F250 extended cab, Cougar from ATC. You guys rock thank you!

#242 Andy Douglass

Andy Douglass

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 03:05 PM

Bombsight, can you give us some more details on the Quick-En-Suite shower?

How do you like it after several months?

Who did you order it from, how much, and how was the delivery time?

How does it "play" with the other exterior fixtures (water heater exhaust, electrical plug, water inlet, etc., furnace exhaust)?

A brief rundown on how you installed it would be interesting too. We have a Hawk with the same exterior layout as yours. 

#243 Bombsight

Bombsight

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationS.E. Texas

Posted 18 August 2018 - 03:45 PM

IT'S AWESOME!

Yea, its also expensive but considering how long I think it will last, it's really a fair price when you consider the quickness of not only set up, but take down time.

Camping is supposed to be fun, relaxing and without the pressures of every day "Do this do that". The ease of setting this thing up and putting it away eliminates the "Ugh, I'm not going to shower tonight because it's a pain in the ass setting up my Bush league shower system".  'Nuff said about that, tight?

I ordered it directly from the distributor. I think that link is posted a page or two back. They were on back order but if I remember right, it still only took 6 weeks.

I have not used it while running the furnace (I live in the south) ... but other than that, I see no issues with its mount location. I have a 2016 side dinette.

It's possible to mount with one person but two people make it MUCH easier.

The bottom right mount hole is located about 31" forward from rear back corner of camper.

The top edge of the shower box is mounted even along the caper tops bottom edge.

A cardboard pattern (with mounting hole position) should be made prior to drilling mount holes - check inside for hole positions as well)  just to make sure everything is as wanted.

The shower box should be raised slightly  away from side of camper wall in order to keep the camper tops edge from hitting it. It should be raised away from outer wall to allow for walls top moulding edge to clear underneath as well.

You can do that with these: https://www.ebay.com...6wAAOSwGotWjVdh

I think I used 3/8" stainless bolts/lock nuts (lock nuts on the inside of camper) along with fender washers inside. I don't remember the length of them. You may have to drill the shower box mount holes bigger for 3/8" bolts.

Take your time if you decide to do it but imho, its more than worth the 2 day hassle it is.

Edited by Bombsight, 18 August 2018 - 05:03 PM.

#244 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 18 August 2018 - 04:30 PM

Such a well thought out rig. I’ll be ripping off your ideas when I finally get my own. 👏✌️
Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

#245 Bombsight

Bombsight

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationS.E. Texas

Posted 18 August 2018 - 04:56 PM

Such a well thought out rig. I’ll be ripping off your ideas when I finally get my own. ✌

Its not ripping off when I share. :) ... You're going to love it.

#246 Andy Douglass

Andy Douglass

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 06:53 PM

I looked all the way back to several pages before your shower got delivered, couldn't find who you got it from. Did some looking today and it seems like it is not available in the US any more. 

#247 Bombsight

Bombsight

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationS.E. Texas

Posted 19 August 2018 - 02:07 AM

:o Wow

Here is some info I pulled from an email the distributor sent me. Hope that helps.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2018-08-18 at 9.03.35 PM.jpg

#248 Andy Douglass

Andy Douglass

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 03:43 AM

Thanks! I'm not sure if it is a website issue or what but that site has been down all day. I've got a janky setup for now, and I'm sure that product will be available in the states again. 

#249 Bombsight

Bombsight

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationS.E. Texas

Posted 29 December 2018 - 05:55 PM

The latest mod done to my rig:

Never can have enough light when in the bush.

https://www.imglifes...ZnWU6zgII6j6Ut8

Attached Thumbnails

• C30P8843 copy.jpg

#250 CougarCouple

CougarCouple

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 30 December 2018 - 02:55 AM

Hay there BS
How come it doesn't saw "Hawk". :)good idea sir.

Russ
F250 extended cab, Cougar from ATC. You guys rock thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users