• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Bombsight

Bombsight

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationS.E. Texas

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:07 PM

How many of you "Glamp" when the day of traveling, hiking, photography, etc etc. is done?

When your gut is full after a good dinner, you're clean after showering and you start to become bored but the night is still long, do you turn on the idiot box?

When it's time to pass the early night away, where do you, or do you even, mount your TV's in your FWC's?

Will it be a DVD or satellite?

Is it blasphemy to even have one when camping?

Tell us about your TV's in your FWC's. 

#2 JHa6av8r

JHa6av8r

• Validating
  • 510 posts
  • Location.

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:19 PM

We don't have a TV and very rarely turn on music when camping.  My goal is to not be in contact with anything outside, no phone, no internet, no generators near by.

#3 dorocks

dorocks

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • LocationEl Cajon CA

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:33 PM

I confess. I carry a laptop for movies. Otherwise I fall asleep too early and wake up too early. Wife likes to sleep in. We read a lot though at night as well. Rarely sit outside at night. Hate mosquitoes.

Edited by dorocks, 07 May 2015 - 02:33 PM.

Keith Barnes El Cajon CA 2021 Ram 3500 Diesel with 2016 Lance 650

#4 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,378 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:39 PM

We don't have a TV and very rarely turn on music when camping.  My goal is to not be in contact with anything outside, no phone, no internet, no generators near by.

well said JHa6av8r and the reason we "get away"

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#5 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,613 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:46 PM

In our world, a TV is a tow vehicle, and is used to pull our travel trailer. Like JHa6av8r said, the pop up is for leaving some of the trappings of home... far behind.

I am haunted by waters

#6 Old Crow

Old Crow

Searching....

• Members
  • 1,060 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:11 PM

Years ago we used to take a 13-inch Zenith dual-voltage black-and-white TV along on trips in our sport-top van. We loved it for our trips to Canada, where TV was different for us (and we learned of the 'Corner Gas' and 'North of 60' TV series we enjoyed)

When laptops came about, I bought a TV tuner for it but didn't use it much--- there just didn't seem to be much on and it took some setup.  We found we preferred to rent DVDs and have 'movie nights'

Before Blockbuster went bust we rented lots of DVD collections of TV series or shows like the 'Planet Earth' series.  I thought it a fantastic thing when I learned I could rent DVDs at one Blockbuster and return to another.

We've also spent quite a few evenings watching movies rented from Redbox kiosks at Walmart.  While we're on 'traveling through' days we'll often stop at a Walmart late in the day, rent a Redbox movie and watch it, then return it in the morning. Those can also be returned at other Redbox locations.

We are recent to the FWC world but expect pretty much the same approach in our Hawk.  I note, however, that on my recent month-long trip in the Hawk, I tended to spend a lot more time on the web via my iPad than on watching TV series or movies.

-OC

'01 FWC Hawk shell on a '13 Tundra Double-Cab  + '19 Ford Transit van with Quigley 4x4 option

#7 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:29 PM

x2. Silence for us.

Sunman
2003 Four Wheel Camper -Hawk

2023 All Terrain Camper - Panther 
2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD
2017 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD

#8 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:44 PM

x2. Silence for us.

x3.

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#9 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,304 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:54 PM

Like Dorocks we carry a laptop and watch some DVDs we bring along.But mostly we like to spend out "off" time

reading or play Mexican Train.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#10 BobM

BobM

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:05 PM

I burn movies to my Ipad. Also use a great program called playlater that allows you to burn movies off Netflix, amazon, vudu etc. to your ipad for off grid viewing.
2015-05-07_110414.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users