New curtains

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cabezon23

cabezon23

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:23 AM

Another weekend without camping is a weekend for mods.

Today I finally had the time to take the original curtains out. I just don't like the golden and shiny rods and the whole system (sorry Ben, but I'm picky).

The new system and curtains are much easier and equally effective. I used the same screws and straps from the original curtains, but with a new fabric.

If somebody needs or wants the original curtains, just send me a PM and as long as you take care of the shipping costs, they are all yours.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00618.JPG
  • DSC00619.JPG
  • DSC00620.JPG
  • DSC00621.JPG
  • DSC00622.JPG

03 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4, D Cab, Air-Lift, Schroth Safety Harness, Recaro Seat (finally) on board laptop w GPS, ARB Front Bumper, Manual Hubs.

#2 John D

John D

• Members
  • 465 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:22 AM

Well … there is elegance in simplicity. I have hooks spaced every foot or so round the periphery of windows on my shell with a 4mm diameter shock cord run round each window. Anything handy is used for curtains, towels, sheets, blankets, Visqueen, or what have you. The shock cords serve to hang up things for drying as well.

On the other hand, I have very nice new double fullness drapes in my Keystone. They have been selected carefully for color, etc.

Regarding the curtains that roll up from the bottom; this is the classic Roman Shade without the pull cords which would allow them to be let half way down. Add a wooden rod into the bottom hem of the shade to roll onto.

#3 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:33 PM

I like it. Cabezon23, where did you purchase the shades? Cost? I would like to do this on the back window (door) for sure and probably the others too. Thanks.
Once had 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4 5.7 SR5 w/ Firestone bags, Bilstein 5100s in front, Total Chaos shackles rear, 275/70/18 E rated Michelin LTX AT2
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

Now, just roaming around in a stock Land Cruiser (not stock for long though... bawahahha [evil laugh])

#4 b team

b team

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:04 PM

I see a new mod in my future. :D

Looks great.
Free and Easy Down the Road I Go 2003 Eagle

#5 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:49 AM

Cab,

Nice work, FWC uses a different system that is fairly convenient, but I'll sure keep that one in mind.
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#6 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,775 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:44 AM

Cab....

I like it!....I like it...Good job!

This is how we had the curtains in the SnugTop shell but have been too lazy to do the same in the camper. It's been on the list, you know how list goes:p

This gets me back in the thinking mode...............

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#7 cabezon23

cabezon23

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:34 AM

I like it. Cabezon23, where did you purchase the shades? Cost? I would like to do this on the back window (door) for sure and probably the others too. Thanks.

Hi Brett,

the only thing I bought was the fabric. When I ordered my Bobcat I asked Ben if I could have the cushions made out of Sunbrella fabric. The idea was that they should be really tough so we could take them out of the camper and put them on the ground, beach, etc.
I think I got a little carried away and ordered way too much fabric.

The curtains are made out of the "left over" of this sunbrella.

They are attached to the camper with the original screws that held the rods in place. The straps to hold them when rolled up are also from the original curtains.

So, basically, the only thing you have to do is get some fabric, cut and sew to size and screw it down.

Doesn't get easier than that, I guess .......:D
03 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4, D Cab, Air-Lift, Schroth Safety Harness, Recaro Seat (finally) on board laptop w GPS, ARB Front Bumper, Manual Hubs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users