• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lqhikers

lqhikers

• Members
  • 594 posts
  • Locationla quinta calif

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:37 AM

The wife and i just got back from 5 days at the river.Took the dual sport and kayak.Went into Picacho state recreation area,this is near Yuma.
Indian pass road (12 miles dirt some 4x4 required)off of Qgilby rd.(paved).
Stayed the first couple of days at 4s beach Which has four camp spots no one but us so it was just the way we like it!($8.00 a day).Took the kayak up river then drifted down while getting rid of a couple of cold ones!,got skunked on fishing but we have a good excuse,to lazy to get up early to fish.
Explored the back roads and trails with street legal dual sport,as you have to have highway legal vech only on roads and trails.
Moved camp about 5 miles to Taylor lake spent 2 days there,did catch a couple of bass but not big enough to take a picture of,still fun.Again had camp spot to our selfs.
most any truck /suv can do this trip but you will get brush scratches as the trail/road goes through river bottom with a lot of overhang.
WATER HEATER, DONT NEED NO DAMN WATER HEATER JUST JUMP IN RIVER THEN RINSE OFF WITH SOLAR SHOWER!!
I think the gas prices are keeping people home as we only saw 1 vech in 4 days and it was a border patrol rig.First time we have ever been in the area with out running into people!
Towing the trailer we got 15mpg for trip Ouch!(our old toyo 4 banger on same trip always got 18+!,O well but the wife is happy so that is what counts!
Just a couple of picture's Drive slow and enjoy "Its the journey"
Les Lqhikers

Attached Thumbnails

• P1010170 (Medium).jpg
  • P1010169 (Medium).jpg
  • P1010173 (Medium).jpg
  • P1010174 (Medium).JPG

#2 b team

b team

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:29 AM

Nice report and pics.
Free and Easy Down the Road I Go 2003 Eagle

#3 flinchlock

flinchlock

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo, MI

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:44 AM

Nice pics and report. :D

We love pics!

Mike

'08 ATC Cougar (built 06/16/08)
# of nights in camper: '08=15, '12=21,'13=16, '14=10, '15=52, '16=11, '17=20 (equals 145)

#4 kbennett2000

kbennett2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:40 PM

That's a spectacular sunset shot! Nice work! :thumb:
-Kris

'06 Cummins 2500 Quad-Cab (the 'Psychobilly Cadillac') - Some big tires, a teeny bit more power, a whole mess of parts that jumped on board and a few that disappeared...

No FWC yet, just one heavily-used Truck Tent

#5 lqhikers

lqhikers

• Members
  • 594 posts
  • Locationla quinta calif

Posted 29 April 2008 - 02:01 AM

I would like to take credit for a sunset picture,but it happens to be a sunrise shot! (we are early risers)Best time of the day,coffee, quiet,the world coming alive,life is great!
Drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"
Les Lqhikers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users