Photo
- - - - -

You know you're a geezer when.......................

• Please log in to reply
941 replies to this topic

#321 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,296 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 28 July 2018 - 06:08 PM

Okay, and part two for me: you know you're a geezer when you're additionally informed that a bit of your father's stuff - and your own, since you poached the extras - is ALSO behind display glass as part of a " look what they used " exhibition in a terminal in Denver  Airport. 

Really glad they told me that before I went through Denver airport and saw bits and pieces from our garage on display  passing by whilst walking down a moving sidewalk ...talk about the twilight zone...

That must have been a shock.
Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#322 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,344 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:11 PM

Okay, and part two for me: you know you're a geezer when you're additionally informed that a bit of your father's stuff - and your own, since you poached the extras - is ALSO behind display glass as part of a " look what they used " exhibition in a terminal in Denver  Airport. 

Really glad they told me that before I went through Denver airport and saw bits and pieces from our garage on display  passing by whilst walking down a moving sidewalk ...talk about the twilight zone...

That is pretty darn neat! :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#323 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,344 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:01 PM

Just a reminder from the first post that set the terms for this topic -

"Sexual and bodily function answers are not allowed. Not because we're prudes, but because as geezers, we've already heard them all. So let's be more creative, positive, and happy."

so lets continue this happy exploration into the geezer years! :) 

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#324 cwdtmmrs

cwdtmmrs

• Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:54 PM

You order 3 minute eggs for breakfast and the waitress asks for payment in advance.
CWDT

#325 PackRat

PackRat

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationNovato, CA

Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:29 PM

......when middle-aged women hold the door open for you at the bank or when shopping. (a guy thing)

1988 Ford F-250 HD Lariat 4x4 8 Ft. bed

1976 Alaskan 8 Ft. CO camper

#326 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,344 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:04 PM

good ones! :)

#327 camelracer

camelracer

• Members
  • 960 posts
  • LocationGoleta, Ca

Posted 06 November 2018 - 06:56 AM

You know you're old when the lady lying on the floor in the Life Alert ad looks hot.

2002 Fiat 2500 CTD 4x4, FWC Grandby 1951 Willys CJ3A

#328 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,344 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 05:52 AM

......... when you know the easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.

#329 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,594 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 24 November 2018 - 03:12 PM

......... when you know the easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.

Hmmmm, it appears I have been a geezer my entire adult life. No wonder I feel so old.

I am haunted by waters

#330 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,594 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 24 November 2018 - 03:37 PM

An old Geezer is on a cruise ship and wanders up to the bar and asks for a scotch with two drops of water. As the bartender gives him the drink he says, "I'm on the cruise to celebrate my 80th birthday and it's today."
The bartender says "Well, since it's your birthday, I'll buy you a drink...... in fact, this one is on me."

As the geezer finishes his drink, a woman to his right says, "I would like to buy you a drink too."

The geezer says, "Thank you. Bartender, I want a scotch with two drops of water." "Coming up," says the bartender. As he finishes his drink, a man to his left says, "I would like to buy you one too."

The geezer says, "Thank you. Bartender, I would like another scotch with two drops of water." "Comin' right up," the bartender says. As he gives him the drink he says, "Sir, I'm dying of curiosity. Why the Scotch with only two drops of water?"

The old boy replies, "Sonny, when you're my age, you learn how to hold your liquor. Water, however, is a whole other issue."

I am haunted by waters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users