Photo
- - - - -

You know you're a geezer when.......................

• Please log in to reply
941 replies to this topic

#761 penner

penner

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 08 January 2023 - 07:55 PM

A couple summers ago I was following a pick-up in stop and go traffic through Cole Harbour ,N.S. On his ball hitch he had a rubber bass and every time he braked the fishes tail would flap. Ended up beside the Guy at a set of lights and we both had windows down and I said" I like the fish on your hitch". The Guy , probably early 20's , replied with a chuckle " thanks a lot old timer!" Looked at my Wife and said "who was he talking to?" I don't know how close an "old timer" is to a "geezer" but I must be getting close !!

#762 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,589 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 10 January 2023 - 07:18 PM

You don’t have to regret the things you don’t remember.

I am haunted by waters

#763 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,338 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 10 January 2023 - 07:20 PM

I'm going to try and remember this one!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#764 AWG_Pics

AWG_Pics

Into the Great Empty

• Members
  • 1,197 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 11 January 2023 - 02:35 AM

What was it you just said?

lived for several years each in Montana, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Washington, Oregon.

2019 Tundra, Hawk.

https://www.flickr.c...hotos/awg_pics/

#765 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,589 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 11:36 PM

you think Don and Phil have reversed the aging process.

I am haunted by waters

#766 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,295 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 13 January 2023 - 12:02 AM

They sure sound like The Everly Brothers.

What time machine did they use?

Thanks.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#767 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,338 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 20 January 2023 - 03:12 AM

A true story..............

You know you're a geezer when your 5 year old electric clothes dryer stops working. This issue is a stuck couple dollar relay - non replaceable - on a sealed control board. You look for a replacement control board ($175) and find it is discontinued with no cross reference to another part. It is out of stock, not available anywhere. No replacement part is available for a near new dryer. So you start telling everyone, even folks on Wander the West, never never ever buy a Samsung clothes dryer. Don't do it.

I've found this solution. Take the dryer apart. Hit the relay with a hammer 5 or 6 times. Reassemble the dryer. It will work for about two months. Repeat.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#768 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,589 posts

Posted 20 January 2023 - 04:23 AM

A true story..............

You know you're a geezer when your 5 year old electric clothes dryer stops working. This issue is a stuck couple dollar relay - non replaceable - on a sealed control board. You look for a replacement control board ($175) and find it is discontinued with no cross reference to another part. It is out of stock, not available anywhere. No replacement part is available for a near new dryer. So you start telling everyone, even folks on Wander the West, never never ever buy a Samsung clothes dryer. Don't do it.

I've found this solution. Take the dryer apart. Hit the relay with a hammer 5 or 6 times. Reassemble the dryer. It will work for about two months. Repeat.

I know someone (not to be named, but she is often referred to around here as “The Boss of Me”, who says the same thing about Electrolux.  Next washer/dryer set will be made in America, metal not plastic, simple not complex, SpeedQueens made for commercial use.

I am haunted by waters

#769 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,079 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 January 2023 - 03:35 PM

Ah the proverbial hammer solution! My dad who hated fixing stuff ( opposite to me) told me as a kid “ if it can’t be fixed with a hammer or an oil can, it’s not worth fixing”….. that said I also recall my mom (who was a nurse) got her dress back zipper stuck, and asked for my dad to fix it…. Next thing I saw was my dad chasing my mom with an oil can and hammer! Ha!

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#770 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,079 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 January 2023 - 03:37 PM

I know someone (not to be named, but she is often referred to around here as “The Boss of Me”, who says the same thing about Electrolux. Next washer/dryer set will be made in America, metal not plastic, simple not complex, SpeedQueens made for commercial use.

BTW …. My friend also refers to his wife as SWMBO (she who must be obeyed)

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users