• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Durango1

Durango1

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:49 PM

20150731_163032_1.jpg
Sioux and I bought this Hawk brand new in May of 2012. It has been a superb unit and we have loved it. (So much so we have the same model in a flat bed configuration on order!) This camper has never been smoked in, we have no pets and it has mostly been stored in our garage over its 3 year life.20150731_162548.jpg  
We have converted some of the "deep and dark" storage into full extension slide-out drawers. And I also changed the original roll-over bench into a custom side dinette with additional birch cabinets. 20150731_162912.jpg

We've had lots of fun with this camper fixing it up including a custom built cherry spice cabinet, additional 12 volt and USB outlets and special lighting.20150731_162017.jpg Here is a partial option and upgrade list:

Factory Options
  • Mechanical Camper Jacks (all 4 corners) [only used once]
  • 2-Way Refrigerator/Freezer - 110 liter (AC/DC)
  • DSI Hot Water w/ Outside Shower
  • Fan-Tastic Fan (Power Roof Vent Fan)
  • Front Opening Window
  • Yakima "Tracks Only" on Camper Roof
  • Exterior LED Lighting Package
  • Rear Flood Lights
  • Camper Battery System (1st battery, wiring, & separator)
  • 2nd Deep Cycle Battery (dual batteries)
  • Screen door
  • Rear solar plug
  • LED ceiling lights
Upgrades
  • Custom side dinette with full-extension roll out tray below (I still have the hardware and cushions to go back to the roll-over bed if someone desires to do so. But I never would!)
  • Two additional corner cabinets on passenger side
  • Porta-potti (only used for Pee-Pee!)
  • Custom cherry spice rack
  • Roll out full extension tray for deep cabinet by refrigerator (These full extension roll-out trays are really nice!)
  • Mr. Buddy 4,000-9,000 BTU radiant heater
  • Custom inside shower with extendable hose faucet, ceiling mounted shower curtains and collapsible floor tray
  • Torklift A7504 Glow Step - 4-Step mounted with 2” x ¼” Aluminum angle
  • HELLA 004532161 '4532 Series' 24" 12V DC Fixed Mount Flexible Chart Reading Light
  • Larger access doors for the turnbuckles with positive catches
  • Several additional 12V and USB charging stations
  • Upgraded mattress with eggshell topper.
NOTE: I’m also including a heavy duty ¼” cargo mat that goes between the camper and the pickup bed. And I’m throwing in a custom cover for the camper and a crew cab pick-up. The cover is torn but still functions.)

My 2012 Hawk Upgraded Camper price: 17,500.00 (Or give me a "reasonable" offer and I won't throw rocks at you!) :) An equivalent new Hawk will be well over 20,000.00 (plus sales taxes) along with substantially more funds /work to add the owner-installed options. (There is currently a 10 to 12 week wait for new FWC models.)20150731_160818.jpg

Camper is in excellent condition with no known functional defects. There are some cosmetic hail “dimples” on the roof. (Given the very lightweight aluminum FWC puts on their roofs almost any of their campers will have these.) However, this Hawk has never leaked and everything works perfectly.  I’m located in Durango, CO and my cell phone is 816-739-7584. Email: steve.toburen@gmail.com

Thanks for reading an entirely too long list! :)
Steve

20150825_165019.jpg

Edited by Durango1, 02 September 2015 - 11:11 AM.

#2 Durango1

Durango1

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:48 PM

Here is a photo of the inside shower in action. One of my greatest accomplishments if only to have a clean, happy (and non-freezing) wife! Everything packs up into a small bundle about 12" x 12" x 6".

20150825_191748_1.jpg

Steve

PS If you do this be sure to use breathable, nylon shower curtains. They dry super fast and don't feel clammy if you brush up against them while showering.

Edited by Durango1, 02 September 2015 - 08:48 PM.

#3 Durango1

Durango1

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:50 PM

I received a deposit on the Hawk today. The rest of the funds are pending. 

My thanks to those who messaged, emailed or called.

Now I am going to be "Hawkless" for almost two months. The new aluminum flatbed with boxes goes on the Ram next week and Denny Saunders up in Jackson will install our new Hawk Flatbed model the week of October 19th.

Not going to be easy waiting! :)

Steve

Edited by Durango1, 03 September 2015 - 11:53 PM.

#4 Beach

Beach

• Members
  • 866 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:20 PM

Please post some pics of the new rig.

#5 singlefin

singlefin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 05:37 PM

Seriously considering converting my Hawk from roll over to the side dinette. Did you get the parts from FWC or locally and did you do the conversion or have it professionally done? I am also trying to get an idea of what this might cost. Thanks for any advise you could pass along.
Tom Searles
Singlefin11@yahoo.com

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The Western city of

#6 Durango1

Durango1

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 06:55 PM

Seriously considering converting my Hawk from roll over to the side dinette. Did you get the parts from FWC or locally and did you do the conversion or have it professionally done? I am also trying to get an idea of what this might cost. Thanks for any advise you could pass along.
Tom Searles
Singlefin11@yahoo.com

I converted my 2012 slide-in Hawk. It was a fair bit of work but not impossible. I just used some dock hardware from Home Depot for the existing table along with a conduit elbow. worked GREAT and total cost less than 20.00! I'll see if I can find the link.  I also reused the hardware.

The results were excellent. 

#7 singlefin

singlefin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:54 PM

Thanks for your reply. Great to see the link.

#8 Durango1

Durango1

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 05:26 AM

Thanks for your reply. Great to see the link.

Order two of these and install a "T-bolt" in them. Screw one to the side of the camper and the other to the bottom of your table. Now git yerself a 1 1/2" conduit bend and you are done! Less than 25 bucks, the table swivels and folds vertically. Plus it is stronger than the FWC one in my new Hawk Flatbed model!

Edited by Durango1, 12 May 2016 - 01:09 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Four Wheel Camper, Hawk for sale, Used hawk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users