Photo

Rieco-Titan mechanical corner jack: Difficult to raise and lower - resolved (?)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Old Crow

Old Crow

Searching....

• Members
  • 1,060 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:41 PM

Last week one of my mechanical corner jacks became much more difficult to raise and lower than the others.  It was so 'stiff' to crank, I was afraid I might break something internally.

It turns out it had somehow gotten off-track.....

HawkOffTrackJack.jpg

I used two pipe wrenches to realign the two tubes and that appears to have resolved the problem.  But I'm not sure it will stay fixed because I don't know why it went astray.

I might also mention I had already dis-assembled the gear mechanism in the head by the time I noticed the mis-alignment of the tubes (D'Oh!) so I'll include that info here....

Parts list: http://www.riecotita...hanicalJack.pdf

After removing the gear cover, dis-assembly was a matter of pushing the gear pin (TFC-307) out of the upper (TFC-310) gear, which then allows the crank shaft (TFC-309) to be tapped at the opposite end to get it started, then slid out of the bushings, spacer tube, gear, and gear spacer.  The gear pin in the lower gear (TFC-308) need not be removed to pull that lower gear.  That one has a groove on the back side which just lies atop the pin in the lower shaft. (that's all the further I went)

-OC

Edited by Old Crow, 11 November 2015 - 02:54 AM.

'01 FWC Hawk shell on a '13 Tundra Double-Cab  + '19 Ford Transit van with Quigley 4x4 option

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users