49 replies to this topic

#31 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:06 PM

Scott,

We've used the dinette on three trips now and absolutely love it. The convenience and versatility of the drop leaf table mounted out of the isle is working great for us. There's much more space for cooking and eating and generally moving around the camper than before. Not to mention playing cards etc, which did come up on our last trip. The added bonus was the openness created by removing the couch back and taking advantage of the window and ledge on that side of the camper.

With the space available in our Eagle I really couldn't do anything different. Now if I had an 8' long camper I would have added another seat back, a bit more seat width, and a larger table.

Before our last trip we did build an inside shower setup. The extra floor space between the dinette seating allowed us room to have a tub and curtain shower inside and still be able to move around the cabinet side to add hot water to the power shower while it was in use. I have some pictures of the shower that I'll post in the near future.
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#32 terrisjoy

terrisjoy

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationSanta Barbara

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:15 PM

Great changes, I so enjoyed all the pics and am anxious to view the inside shower! Where did you get the birch plywood? I liked the idea of turning the access doors (to get to the turnbuckles) around so they slide up and down instead of sideways. Thanks for all the ideas! Terri

#33 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:51 PM

terri,
The birch plywood came from Home Depot at a reasonable price. I found I didn't like the birch on the lower seat boxes so I had Chicali at FWC service ship me 4- 2'x2' pieces of their photo vinyl plywood to match the existing boxes.
Shower pictures will be coming soon.
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#34 Southern Gent

Southern Gent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationBessemer, AL.

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:55 PM

Greetings, That's a nice bit of work.

1996 Granby Four Wheel Camper mounted on 2004 Silverado 4x4 Extended Cab w 8 Ft. bed truck. Happy Selling

#35 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:55 PM

Here are the pictures of the shower we were able to fit in the additional floor space created by the dinette set up.

1. We started with a hula hoop to hold up the curtain as was suggested by a couple of our members here but ended up changing to a heavy bungee and rope attached to the ceiling at the top lifting points. The bungee allows lets us leave the curtain attached for much tighter and faster storage.

2. Curtain attachment to bungee in entry/exit mode.

3. Tub and rubber floor mat.

4. & 5. Curtain in closed position

Attached Thumbnails

• HPIM0674 (Medium).jpg
  • HPIM0675 (Medium).jpg
  • HPIM0676 (Medium).jpg
  • HPIM0677 (Medium).jpg
  • HPIM0678 (Medium).jpg

#36 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:06 PM

Here are the last of the shower shots.

1. Shower head hangs over the bungee during use.

2. Power shower bucket sits on the sink with room to heat additional water during the process.

3. Shower head and hose coil up inside the bucket for easy storage.

4. Power shower closed up for storage or transport.

5. The shower bucket, curtain and bungee, and floor mate pack into the tub for easy and clean storage.

Attached Thumbnails

• HPIM0680 (Medium).jpg
  • HPIM0679 (Medium).jpg
  • HPIM0683 (Medium).jpg
  • HPIM0684 (Medium).jpg
  • HPIM0685 (Medium).jpg

#37 buzzman

buzzman

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationCrossville, TN

Posted 28 December 2008 - 04:19 AM

DLN,

The more I look at your mini dinette mod, the more I like it.:thumb: After spending 29 days in my Grandby on the recent "First trip west" I think that dinette would of been very nice to have. I sort of hate to chop up my '07 Grandby to do that, but I'm giving it serious thought. I wish that dinette would have been an option when I bought my Grandby. I also like the flip up lids on your upper storage cabinets. In fact, I already have the parts to change my "sliders" to flip up lids. I may have to talk to Chicali about doing this dinette mod.

I like bogd333's Grandby dinette mod too.

2017 Ram 3500 6.4L gas SRW, CC, 2wd, 8' bed

2007 FWC Grandby--Sold

2015 Hallmark Ute XL

#38 K6ON

K6ON

Old & Soft

• Members
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 28 December 2008 - 05:21 AM

DLN,

Tell me about the "power shower" ..how well does it work, and where did you pick it up. Who makes it??

Thanks
Bob

2007 Dodge 2500 5.9 CTD QC 4X4, *1996 FWC/ATC hybrid* *2021.5 GeoPro 19FBS*  "If you can read this, Thank a Teacher.  Because you read this in English, Thank a Vet."

#39 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:39 PM

buzz,

First I must thank you again for your great trip report, we really enjoyed it.

The overlay cabinet doors swing down to allow use of the upper with the camper top down and to have the lowers stay open while we're using them. We couldn't be happier with the dinette's look and especially the function. I also liked bobg's mod too. I cut into a new 2006 Eagle to do ours so if it's what you want it's well worth the cost/effort.

#40 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:55 PM

Deltarat,

The power shower is made by a small company named "Paha Que" that specializes in tents and enclosure for camping etc. I recently looked for it on their web site and they may not be producing it anymore. It consists of a 5 gallon bucket with a resealable lid, an immersible 12v pump under the inner lid that provides a pressure stream to the shower head, and a rechargeable battery. The pump puts out enough pressure to give you a good raise while showing, much better that just the gravity flow from typical sun showers. The shower head has a push button controller to activate the stream and the pump has an on/off switch at the bucket lid. The whole set up can be used like a sun shower or as we do just add a couple coffee pots of water for a great warm shower. The battery did quit after about a years so we are running it off the camper 12v system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users