42 replies to this topic

#41 rubberlegs

rubberlegs

curmudgeon

• Members
  • 567 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA

Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:32 PM

Vic, I wasn't very clear. When I wrote that we were using accessories, I meant we push the Power button in the truck cab twice, without pressing the brake. This is like the olden days of yore when you turned the key two clicks, but didn't engage the starter motor. So the radio comes on, you can raise/lower windows, charge phone in cigarette lighter, etc. without running the engine. We were not using anything in the camper (but compressor fridge was on).

I'll write down the exact message next time and report back.

My belief is the isolator is not is isolating when we turn on the truck accessories as described. It's not checking for engine running. But I don't know this for sure and haven't tried any other diagnostics. Is the isolator supposed to be turned on when the engine is running and especially when the alternator is running?

Tacoma/Fleet 2018.

#42 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,881 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:10 AM

What brand & model is the isolator? Many units with entirely different operating schemes fall into the "isolator" bin.

Thom

Where does that road go?

#43 Timothy McGowen

Timothy McGowen

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • LocationOceanside, CA

Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:11 AM

Don't know the specifics of your vehicle but you might check into where your camper battery is wired into your truck. My 2016 F-150 recommends nothing be connected directly to the battery. They provide an auxiliary post to connect to. This has something to do with the trucks computer load sensing.

2016 Ford F150 SuperCab 4X4 Lariat 2.7 EcoBoost Engine

2016 FWC Hawk Front Dinette Silver Spur

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users