94 replies to this topic

#91 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,968 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:50 PM

squatch,  I can't recall if you are monitoring your battery usage/charging in any way?  If you want to measure all loads, they do have to go through a common connection at the shunt before going to battery -ve.  

#92 Squatch

Squatch

• Members
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationOn the wrong side of the mountains!

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:07 PM

Vic I have a Trimetric. All loads are downstream of the shunt. All loads and charging is measured through the shunt. They don't have to be bolted to the shunt just located downstream. The battery cables were replaced and extended to the under bench compartment. I installed a marine common binding post for both + and -. FWC had the main for the fuse box mounted to the camper battery side of the Isolater. This was moved to the common posts instead. Only thing connected to the isolater now is the battery cables from each end.

I really need to draw up a wiring diagram. There is much more equipment in my setup but the wiring is actually simplified. But much easier to show than describe.

Suffice to say. I followed Bogarts instructions to the letter. And just added some of my own experience based on 30 years of doing low voltage wiring for a living.

Edited by Squatch, 17 April 2017 - 12:16 AM.

#93 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,968 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:10 AM

I hear you on the wiring diagram.  As you may recall, a month or two ago I was scratching my head about meter readings and Rando pointed out a few things I had missed.  When I stick my head in the battery/electrial box today and look at the wires I am very glad I documented stuff as a I went along, and STILL missed stuff.  

#94 Squatch

Squatch

• Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:41 PM

Just an update. I recently replaced both of my vent covers with the proper ones from fantastic fan. Works much better now and Much more light than the fogged up one was letting in.

Also I just got back from a 2,200 miles 5 night trip. I stayed in the camper the whole time in different locations. I honestly didn't even think about the new bed foam the whole time. And I slept well. Tells me that I must have gotten it right with the new foam.

#95 Squatch

Squatch

• Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:03 PM

Without the pics Photobucket has been holding hostage this thread is useless. The pics have now been deleted from Photobucket and closed my account. I'm declaring this thread dead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users