Photo

Hallmark Owners - How did you attach your Maxtraxx?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 07 July 2016 - 10:36 PM

One thing I guess I should have though about before we ordered our Everest is making provisions for attaching a pair of Maxtraxx....
I now have a pair and was wondering what those of you who carry yours do about it?

Thanks!

Eddie
KO4CPL

Travel light. Travel far. Travel safe.

#2 Bad Habit

Bad Habit

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:55 AM

Well, I'm in the same boat.  I ordered some straps (strapworks.com, great place for any kind of straps you might need) and can attach them to the ladder.  They stick up over the the top and actually haven't brought them along attached there yet.  That's where I hang my Trash-a-roo and haven't tried both together yet.

Have thought about devising some sort of attachment to the Yakima rails that hangs down on the side and would cover the windows when top is down on the passenger side. This would raise up with the top and allow full use of the windows, the pop top window would be blocked but it is by the overhead storage anyway. 

Other option for me would be to mount on the back next to the shovel/axe and just have to remove to empty the toilet cassette.  Not sure yet how it would impact the door though.  I'm trying to use that space for a small chainsaw and associated fuel (chainsaw is definitely a trail tool in these neck of the woods) supported off of the storage box.

In the mean time they get set in the walkway with all the other stuff inside, and mama gets mad at me for tracking mud and dirt into the camper...

1R4A4801_zpsekdzenr4.jpg

2012 F350 Super Cab SB, 6.7l diesel, Hallmark K2

#3 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 08 July 2016 - 04:38 PM

I hear you about Mama!

I didn't have a chance to look while I was at the factory but how are your ax and shovel attached?
Could you post a close up pic?

Eddie
KO4CPL

Travel light. Travel far. Travel safe.

#4 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,596 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 08 July 2016 - 04:48 PM

Off topic:   Curious George here.   What is the best guess actual weight of your campers, with options, out the factory door?  When loaded?

I am haunted by waters

#5 Bad Habit

Bad Habit

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 05:47 PM

For me I'm thinking a little north of 2400. Loaded with full water and gear, fuel full and 2 passengers I hit the scales at 11,000. I have collected some heavy "stuff" that I still think I need to carry a long that I need to go through. The truck is about 7800 empty

Sent from my STV100-2 using Wander The West mobile app

#6 Bad Habit

Bad Habit

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 05:53 PM

I hear you about Mama!

I didn't have a chance to look while I was at the factory but how are your ax and shovel attached?
Could you post a close up pic?

It's an Aluminess kit that Hallmark offers.  http://www.aluminess.../recovery-gear/

Basically it's just through bolted with the hardware inside of the cabinet in our configuration.  I'll get some pictures of both sides tonight. 

#7 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,596 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 08 July 2016 - 06:38 PM

For me I'm thinking a little north of 2400. Loaded with full water and gear, fuel full and 2 passengers I hit the scales at 11,000. I have collected some heavy "stuff" that I still think I need to carry a long that I need to go through. The truck is about 7800 empty

Sent from my STV100-2 using Wander The West mobile app

Thanks! We came in at 12,500 with both of us in the truck.   My guess is that the camper loaded is around 33-3,400.   As configured from the factory, it was around 2,700.

I am haunted by waters

#8 Stalking Light

Stalking Light

Feral Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationLand of grits and gravy

Posted 08 July 2016 - 06:59 PM

Well, I'm in the same boat.  I ordered some straps (strapworks.com, great place for any kind of straps you might need) and can attach them to the ladder.  They stick up over the the top and actually haven't brought them along attached there yet.  That's where I hang my Trash-a-roo and haven't tried both together yet.

I have an FWC with an Aluminess rear and carry mine behind my Trasharoo on the spare. I used the Maxtrax spare tire mounting straps which you might be able to adapt to your ladder.

Charlie...
Stalking Light
2014 FWC Eagle on 2015 Tacoma Quad Cab Long Bed

#9 Stalking Light

Stalking Light

Feral Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationLand of grits and gravy

Posted 08 July 2016 - 07:05 PM

BTW, Amazon sells scale model Maxtrax for remote control vehicles for about $20 and someone bought a pair thinking he was getting a full sized set, and then gave the product a 1 star review.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Stalking Light, 08 July 2016 - 09:00 PM.

Charlie...
Stalking Light
2014 FWC Eagle on 2015 Tacoma Quad Cab Long Bed

#10 Bad Habit

Bad Habit

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:54 PM

BTW, Amazon sells scale model Maxtrax for remote control vehicles and someone bought a pair thinking he was getting a full sized set, and then gave the product a 1 star review.  :rolleyes:

Now that's funny!  No wonder they were so cheap!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users