• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:12 PM

I have many friends in Lousiana, liked to go there for the Heritage Festival. I befriended many fisherman in Slidel, at the mouth of the Mississippi River. After Hurricane Katrina hit the place, it wiped out most of the people that I knew there. One of the guys that I knew very well, his name is Andre' lost his boat, his house, and everything else. I offered him a job on my boat, he's the best worker i've ever had on the boat, has the best attitude, always laughing, never has a bad word to say about anybody. Well, Andre' has made a few bucks since he's been on the boat. He has saved every penny, and has slowly been trying to rebuild his life back in Lousiana, I guess you know where I'm going with this, for Andre's sake and for the sake of all the people who went through Katrina, just a little prayer to send Gustav somewhere else, like the open ocean. Thanks

#2 Mark W. Ingalls

Mark W. Ingalls

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:05 PM

Posted Image

Having just spent ten days sleeping by Edna's bedside at M.D. Anderson and having uttered my share of prayers, I have to allow that sometimes the only way to get past hard times is to go straight through them.

That said, we have been praying against while planning and preparing for this type of event since last Fall. When called we will by God be ready to answer as best we possibly can.

Posted Image

#3 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:19 PM

Mark, most of the time i'm joking around,and generaly pi%*ing people, but sometimes you need to offer a little more, so I offer you and Edna my prayers for a speedy recovery, there is a history of that illness in my family, my mother was taken away at the age of 29,today she would have probably have been saved, medicine has come a long way.

#4 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:57 PM

Mark, Edna and you are in my best thoughts.

Salty, We all hope The Easy is spared. I'm not sure how much more they can take but I hope this one jus passes on by.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#5 Mark W. Ingalls

Mark W. Ingalls

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:06 PM

I need to prevent an unintended thread-napping... :rolleyes:

Edna will be fine in a week or so. Really. This is almost too huge a blessing to count.

#6 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,031 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 30 August 2008 - 05:09 PM

Hard to hope it hits anyone, but now they're saying it "might" hit texas.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#7 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:00 PM

It appears the path hasnt changed much. Right now it's right on Cuba.

Attached Thumbnails

• Gustav_sm.jpg

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#8 Mark W. Ingalls

Mark W. Ingalls

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:28 PM

Pescador-

Check your PM...

'Ingles'

#9 Mark W. Ingalls

Mark W. Ingalls

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:01 PM

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Hurricane Gustav is weakening slightly to a Category 2 storm as it nears landfall along the heavily evacuated Louisiana coast.

"We're nervous, but we just have to keep trusting in God that we don't get the water again," said Lyndon Guidry, who hit the road for Florida just a few months after he was able to return to his home in New Orleans. "We just have to put our faith in God."

Water gushed off buildings and flags hung in tatters, ripped to shreds in the high winds. But there were no reports of serious flooding, and only scattered clusters of power outages.

[The original Weather.com image updates to reflect current conditions...]

...thank you, Pappy... :thumb:

edit: The storm dissipated so rapidly that even the news reporters don't have many pictures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users