14 replies to this topic

#11 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,763 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:41 PM

Yep-but ya have to have that arctic/thermal pack liner or it could get a bit cold and/or noisy at night!  I remember right after I got my pop-up I had to spend some time in January  at a cg outside of Reno,  in the midst of one of those  super cold and snowy northern zephyr  type storms! I had to chop the ice off of the roof before I could get it up-anyway- I hardly ever use my heater once I hit the rack but that night I had to keep the heater on all night and used up a half tank of propane.  I  don't know what  was worse waking up every time that dang thermostat  came on or having my nose freeze off :P !  I bought my thermal pack right after that and have been toasty warm since!  Life is sure hard for a year round camper----but somebody has got to do it :) !

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#12 Fernweh

Fernweh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMadison, Wisconsin

Posted 27 November 2016 - 02:31 PM

We have a little snow in northern Wisconsin, and will be heading up to ski in the next few weeks. Not using the water tank, for obvious reasons, but we'll turn on the furnace and enjoy alitttle heat. We have plans to make Arctic curtains, but for right now we're experimenting with the rigid quilted foil insulation across the pop up. Velcoed into place in long sections, and separate sections near the Windows it could be good for colder conditions. Storage will be easy, under the mattress or layed on top of the bed.

2020 Tacoma and FWC Fleet

A craving for travel... to places you have never been.

German Quote

#13 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,082 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:24 PM

Ya ... we too use it to store the 150 lbs of bird seed. Safe and sound in there. (W live in snowy New England and the camper is tucked away in the garage. 

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#14 camper rich

camper rich

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:40 AM

We will be taking our new Grandby from Salt Lake to Denver on Dec. 20 or 21 to pick up our new Ruger Trailer.  We will not be using the water system, but would like to use the cassette toilet.  I plan on filling it with RV antifreeze, but wonder if I can dilute it down and not have freezing problems.  What would you do?

#15 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,596 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:50 PM

We will be taking our new Grandby from Salt Lake to Denver on Dec. 20 or 21 to pick up our new Ruger Trailer. We will not be using the water system, but would like to use the cassette toilet. I plan on filling it with RV antifreeze, but wonder if I can dilute it down and not have freezing problems. What would you do?

Don't put water in the toilet tank, but add it from a bottle to the bowl as needed. Do put the antifreeze in your black water cassette. That's our routine for the Northern Lite.

Please do give us a write up (photos!!) on your new Ruger trailer. If been thinking about one for a couple of years.

I am haunted by waters

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: winter camping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users